Multi layer color chase/cuelist

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

spotmonkey

Multi layer color chase/cuelist

Postby spotmonkey » 11 Dec 2018, 22:01

i've been searching for a way to have a sort of color picker for the colors in a chase and/or cue list.

this way all color combinations can be made with one color chase.

i've seen color bumps with the pixel mapper, which does change 2 colors but takes a quite some time to finetune and isn't as easy to use as a chase or cue list which isn't optimal during a show.
and i've tried this by replacing the pallets trough a macro. which does kinda work. but the macro seems to skip a step every now and then. which leaves the console asking what to do since the pallet already contains another pallet.

i've head it's possible to archive this using fx layers and priorities. but i seem to be unable to get this to work.

any help is greatly appreciated.
kimwida

Re: Multi layer color chase/cuelist

Postby kimwida » 12 Dec 2018, 08:36

I am using similar things with my launch pad MK2. They are a set of macros and they are for many type of 2 color chases, for example overlaping, bumps and etc.

1. Record two base color palettes for the chases.
2. Record chases with the two base color palettes.
3. Record a set of macros which change each base color palettes.
(viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4823)

I made color picker for my color palettes on the colors palette page 1. It looks like MA2 color picker of christian jackson. I put the set of macros second page for the first base colors palette and third page for the second base colors palette. (Of course I made 3 macros to switch 1, 2 and 3 page.) And they're all on my launch pad MK2 with colors.

So when I want red-white chases, go to 2 page of color palette and click red change macro for first base color palette and go to 3 page of color palette and click white change macro. And you can use page 1 for color busking.