On the fly colour changes

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

watty

On the fly colour changes

Postby watty » 17 Nov 2018, 19:18

I have been looking at creating a bank of colour playbacks (for use on the fly) for each type of fixture (on touch buttons) that override colour on current active playbacks and then release back to the active playback colour when turned off.

Two questions:

Is it possible to achieve this with existing sets of colour palettes? It would appear that if the colour of a playback is changed on the fly by a palette colour change, this is then fixed until another palette colour is chosen or the playback is cancelled and re-fired.

If I do it with colour playbacks (set up in a bank within playbacks) can I somehow have all playbacks in a playback window on view and then have the colour override playbacks visible in a separate window at the same time? In other words - two separate playback bank windows open at the same time. If not, does anyone have any suggestions as to how I could get my (touchscreen button) playbacks visible in one widow and my playback colour changes in another window at the sane time?

Hope this is explained well enough and not too confusing = I am still on an on-going learning curve with Titan as I don't get to use it continuously.
niclights
The eManual

Re: On the fly colour changes

Postby niclights » 18 Nov 2018, 00:04

Unfortunately it is not currently possible to have two playback windows active at the same time or achieve this with palettes. However, perhaps you could use one playback window where the colour playbacks are locked in playback options so that they appear on every page. You could then place any other playbacks on the remaining handles across as many pages as required where the colour playbacks would remain static regardless of the selected page.
watty

Postby watty » 19 Nov 2018, 14:08

Thanks Nick for confirming my thoughts and for your suggestion. Locking the colour playbacks sounds like a good plan.

Cheers,

Steve
sideshowbond

Postby sideshowbond » 19 Nov 2018, 21:28

you could use the fixtures and playbacks window