Help please - Touch screen not working

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

liquidlighting

Help please - Touch screen not working

Postby liquidlighting » 17 Nov 2018, 19:07

Hi all, I wounder if anyone could help please.

I have a tiger touch running Titan V9.1 it was working fine. It all seems to work fine except the touch the screen doesn't work.
I connected mouse and that all works fine.

Tried rebooting several times without a mouse and the cursor arrow comes up and no response from the touch screen

I think it happened when
I was looking at adding an external monitor so was looking through the menu's for external monitor menu
Also was trying connect a USB midi device so wondered if that has upset anything / the desk to tried to load a usb driver
Perhaps it got damp inside from a gig when it was outside (was cold)

Any help much appreciated :-)
liquidlighting

Re: Help please - Touch screen not working

Postby liquidlighting » 17 Nov 2018, 20:12

Looks like opening the eGalaxTouch.exe in program files

Opens up a page listing Installed Touchsreen controlles - but the page is empty ie no installed touchscreen controllers

any idea if this is the problem or how I install it again ?

cheers
Gregory

Postby Gregory » 17 Nov 2018, 21:04

The eGalaxTouch application is only for some Tiger Touch 2 consoles so it is not necessarily an issue that it does not show any touch devices. If you go to Tools > Control Panel > Touch Screen Setup it should open the correct utility for your hardware.

Original Tiger Touch consoles use a utility under the Touchscreen V1.0.0-USB directory, most TT2s use Windows Touch compatible devices which can be configured from Tablet PC Settings in Control Panel.
liquidlighting

Postby liquidlighting » 17 Nov 2018, 22:23

Hi Gregory, many thanks for your quick reply!

I believe its a Tiger touch (not 2) as about 9 years vintage

Clicking on Tools / Control panel - in the list (External monitor, language, USB Expert console, no installers detected (pic of screen and arrow, guess touchscreen)
Looked in the tools / control panel - there isn't any touch screen icon or reference

Looked in the device manager / under pointing devices - there is only the mouse, I have plugged in, no touch screen

Had a look in program files as well as a folder eGalaxTouch (running the exe says no installed controllers - normal for tiger touch 1 as you said)
Also has a folder Touchscreen V1.0.0-USB , when you open the folder and click TSUSBCPL.EXE - opens a page Cometrue Works, Select a touchscreen controller - but its blank, non controllers, maybe a failed to load / missing driver ?

Also TSUSBSRV.EXE , can click doesn't appear to do anything.

Maybe driver not loading properly ?

Thanks and Regards
Gregory

Postby Gregory » 17 Nov 2018, 22:54

TSUSBCPL.EXE is the correct utility. I would suggest running a Standard Recovery either using the stick inside the console or download and run the Recovery Creator from the website to use your own stick. That will reinstall the operating system and all drivers and ensure all configuration settings are correct. The other thing to check would be the connections to the touchscreen inside the console in case they are loose (be careful with LVDS video ribbon cable).
liquidlighting

Postby liquidlighting » 17 Nov 2018, 23:11

Thankyou, there are some shows need backing up. Ideally the whole desk. So will look into doing this first.

Or is theresomehere I could just download the screen driver / someone send me and try running that maybe ?
V9.1 The version on the desk is Touchscreen V.1.0.0-USB , FOLDER details - size 376KB, size on disk 392KB (not sure why these are different?)
6 files, created 30 April 2015 00:012:10
Gregory

Postby Gregory » 17 Nov 2018, 23:24

It is normal for these sizes to differ slightly due to the file system allocating space in distinct blocks so even if the block is partially used by the file it won't be available for other files. The console does not use an installer for those utilities and drivers so to ensure you have the correct settings running a recovery is the best way.
icke_siegen

Postby icke_siegen » 18 Nov 2018, 18:54

I am always hesitant to add something to Gregory (when the biscuit talks, the crumbs better shut up - german proverb :D ) - but maybe you could simply open the console and check the hardware? Directly behind the screen there is a little PCB which is the touch controller - there must be an LED flashing green on this board. I already swapped a cable as well as some such boards in the past - maybe something is broken, and only by coincidence this happened when you were trying something else...
liquidlighting

Postby liquidlighting » 18 Nov 2018, 21:52

Hi, thankyou, I like the German proverb....used to live there many years ago

Plugging in USB Mouse wouldn't have caused this? / disabled the touchscreen driver or reg edit ?

Great suggestion, I had a look and indeed found the narrow PCB on the back of the screen.
When the desk is on, your right! , no flashing green LED. However when I power up the console with the LID open I do see the board flashing just 3 times but never when the desk has booted up.

The cable run from the board to the motherboard looks very tidy however it is cable tied very tightly with the cable bent firmly in half.

The cable out the bottom of this touch narrow PCB does feel a little loose, so reseated several times but no joy.
Also tried booting it up with this cable unplugged at the black connector at the bottom of this board incase something on this side is dragging the board voltage down, still no flashing green light.

So I suspect the touch board, cable, or software drivers, in my humble limited experience. Haven't tried the recovery stik as yet as want to make sure we everything backed up as not done this before. Backed up the D drive, showfiles, but not sure what else
May be have to drive to Avo tomorro if they could fit us in, showtime on wed!

Thanks all, nice to know I'm not alone :D
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 18 Nov 2018, 22:54

I don't thnk plugging in a Usb mouse could have caused this.

Given that the problem appears to have begun when you were looking at adding an external display I think there is a good chance that it is software related rather than hardware. I would run the recovery first and then worry about other possibilities if the problem persists.

The standard recovery only affects the operating system on the C partition and will preserve showfiles and custom personalities so you should not need to back up anything although it is never a bad idea. I can't think of anything else. If possible I suggest doing this between approx 09:00 and 17:00 GMT tomorrow. That way in the unlikely event that there are any problems you should be able to phone and get assistance.

Note that if there is a hardware problem you might need a Usb keyboard and mouse to complete the installation.