Upgrading to Titan v11.1...White Screen

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

alanburns01

Upgrading to Titan v11.1...White Screen

Postby alanburns01 » 14 Nov 2018, 19:25

Hi

I am trying to update my Tiger Touch 2 from v10.1 to v11.1 but I would say my current console is very buggy. For instance, the touch screen stops wording intermittently, the record button stops working. Sometimes when programming the console crashes as well as during (some) bigger shows, it will freeze and we need to revert to a backup console. These issues only started when I updated from v9 to 10.1, so I am trying to perform a full recovery and hope these little bugs go away. There was the talk of the USB hub within the console malfunctioning but I don't think that would present these issues.

When I was initially trying to go from V9 to 10.1 I could make a bootable disk because all the USB sticks I had wouldn't work. Eventually, after buying various USBs, I found the INtergral 16gb worked, now this USB as stayed with the desk ever since. When trying to create the bootable disk for this update it wouldn't work "failed to make drive bootable". I called support and was asked to use ROFUS software to create a bootable disk... done that and great I now have a bootable USB. I have put it in the tiger touch2 turned it on and the touch screen is static white and doing nothing.

Would anyone have any experience with this?

Much Appreciated :D

Alan
alanburns01

Re: Upgrading to Titan v11.1...White Screen

Postby alanburns01 » 15 Nov 2018, 00:00

Sorted Now... If anyone else gets stuck, to upgrade to v11.1 on a TIGER TOUCH 2 you need to do the following first:

To run the v11.1 recovery you will be required to change your BIOS boot settings:
Pearl Expert & Tiger Touch
Button presses for the Tiger Touch are shown in brackets.
Start up the console pressing Del on the keyboard (Delete) to enter the BIOS.
When prompted, type in the password “68340”, to enter the BIOS.
Use the up/down cursor keys (Through/And) to highlight the Boot Features option and press Enter.
Use the up/down keys (Through/And) to highlight the UEFI Boot option and press Enter.
Highlight the Enabled option and press Enter.
Press the F10 on the keyboard (Speed from Attribute Bank buttons) then Enter, to save changes.
Now the console will be able to automatically boot into a v11.1 recovery stick if it is plugged in when the console is started.

Totally missed this step:)