Macro changing BPM Master Speed

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

Freelampie

Macro changing BPM Master Speed

Postby Freelampie » 31 Oct 2018, 14:56

Hi,
Have been trying to change the BPM Master which is assigned to a fader at the moment with a Macro but it doesn't seem to work? I use Macro's to change Release Speed times (various reasons) but same principle doesn't seem to work with the masters?

I've been doing
1. Record Macro
2. Select empty handle
3. Playback Options > BPM Master 1
4. Speed > 130 BPM
5. Macro button

I see it brings the BPM Master Playback window up but doesn't change the speed? Is there a better way to achieve changing the speeds other than manually with a fader? I have two speeds I want to change to on a button press which is 65BPM and 130BPM. I would cue it but its a little random at which the speeds need to change hence the need for something on the fly..
Gregory

Re: Macro changing BPM Master Speed

Postby Gregory » 31 Oct 2018, 15:25

You can type in the BPM you want and then select the BPM master handle (swop button) to set it to that speed e.g. 130 > BPM Master 1. I have tried and recording a macro of this appears to work fine. It looks like typing into the field in Playback Options is not quite working correctly in the current version hopefully this will be fixed with a future update.
Freelampie

Postby Freelampie » 31 Oct 2018, 17:29

Gregory wrote:You can type in the BPM you want and then select the BPM master handle (swop button) to set it to that speed e.g. 130 > BPM Master 1. I have tried and recording a macro of this appears to work fine. It looks like typing into the field in Playback Options is not quite working correctly in the current version hopefully this will be fixed with a future update.

Thanks Gregory that worked exactly as I needed it to :)
sideshowbond

Postby sideshowbond » 07 Nov 2018, 11:19

I know that Greg already gave you a solution but there is a way of quickly doubling up or halving BPM Masters using a macro to set its multiplier
http://www.avolites.de/wiki/macros:example:bpmmasters