Titan Mobile Networking Help!

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

mrconall

Titan Mobile Networking Help!

Postby mrconall » 29 Oct 2018, 12:12

Hi,

I'm trying to connect my titan mobile to a luminex box using cat5 and I've no idea what I'm doing to be honest... I've tried changing the ip on both devices so they match. Sub masks are the same. All the connections are fine. Any kind of help would be great.

Thanks in advance.
Gregory

Re: Titan Mobile Networking Help!

Postby Gregory » 29 Oct 2018, 12:34

First check that Titan engine (Titan.exe) is allowed through the firewall on your computer (assuming it is enabled). The IP address of the computer should not be identical to the Luminex box, the simple rule is to make sure that the first three parts/numbers in the IP address are the same and the last number is different, as you say the subnet masks should be the same on both; usually 255.0.0.0 for either a 10.*.*.* or 2.*.*.* network. Next you should check your DMX Settings which can be found in System (Avo + Disk): in the left hand column click on the cog symbol next to Art-Net which will open the settings on the right. Check that Art-Net is enabled and that it is turned on for the network adapter you are using also double check that the IP address shown next to the adapter is what you are expecting for the computer. Even if the Luminex node does not appear you can assign the Broadcast Art-Net outputs to your lines and if you need to press the cog next to them in the right-hand column to change the IP address they are sending to.
mrconall

Postby mrconall » 29 Oct 2018, 16:00

Hi Gregory, thanks for the reply. I have now set the IP on the titan mobile to 2.1.1.2 and the IP on the Luminex box to 2.1.1.1. Both sub masks are set to 255.0.0.0. The Titan engine (Titan.exe) is allowed through the firewall on the laptop. The Luminex node doesn't appear for me so I did what you said and I assigned the Broadcast Art-Net output to my line 1. I then changed the IP settings on this to 2.1.1.1 to match the Luminex box and the universe is set to 0.
On my Luminex box my first output is enabled and set to normal mode on universe 0. Is this correct or have I missed out on something? I still have no control of my fixtures on my line 1.

Thanks again
mrconall

Postby mrconall » 31 Oct 2018, 10:18

I got it working! Thanks for the help, turned out the first 4 outputs were broken on the box and I wasn't told. Thanks again!