Avolites mobile and quartz

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

djsky

Avolites mobile and quartz

Postby djsky » 06 Oct 2018, 20:11

I currently have Titan one on a surface type laptop which I use for small gigs, and also own a Quartz console, which I use for larger gigs.

As my lighting shows are getting more and more involved, I’m looking at upgrading somewhat.

Ideally, what would be ideal is if the mobile wing would work for both the quartz AND Titan one, however i guess this isn’t possible.... unless there’s a trick I don’t know about?

Otherwise it’s a case of getting a Titan Mobile controller, and using this with my current laptop.... if I go down this route, is it pretty straight forward to be able to network the laptop as a slave controller with the quartz to give me more playback faders on the same show? What would be even better is if there was a way to use the mobile controller directly with the quartz to give expanded control.
JFuste

Re: Avolites mobile and quartz

Postby JFuste » 06 Oct 2018, 20:20

If you buy a titan mobile you can use it standalone or with multi user session networking with quartz.
djsky

Re: Avolites mobile and quartz

Postby djsky » 12 Oct 2018, 20:08

Just playing about with this using Titan one. Do I need to have the dongle plugged in when using Titan one as a slave? I need the dongle plugged in to physically start Titan one, but if I then unplug the dongle, will things work normally from then onwards? Or will I get DMX spoilers?