DMX Workspace broken

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

Quidam

DMX Workspace broken

Postby Quidam » 27 Sep 2018, 08:05

Hi,

Dunno if this has already been reported (for my part I just discovered it while trying V11.1 in sim) but it seems the DMX workspace is kinda broken since V11.0.

- It does not update and stays frozen on whatever state it was when you opened it, so it's not possible to monitor dmx activity live, and you have to close and reopen it.
- The Fixture type filters is cluttered with 'phantom' fixtures types (the ones you cannot delete in the patch view of a reused startshow). This is not the case in other views (i.e. intensities and channel grid), neither is it in V10.1

Since this is the only view in which we can see 'true' output data, this is kind of a bummer :/
(Channel grid and intensity view aren't showing the effect of the various masters (including group masters)).

I also tested a few dimmer in a new show ; same issue.

Thanks
niclights
The eManual

Re: DMX Workspace broken

Postby niclights » 27 Sep 2018, 10:15

As far as I am aware this is specific to PC Suite. It updates live in consoles. Hopefully it can be resolved ASAP.

I hadn't spotted the fixture type filters remaining in DMX view although I know it is frequently reported as a bug in patch view so if there is a solution for that I would imagine it would also solve any other affected views.

I think the masters thing is more complicated. I believe there are arguments for and against showing the affect of masters (effectively the same as whether they should represent shape modifiers). Sometimes you may want to see the final output, other times you may want to see the recorded value. Certainly if a value is in the programmer I'm sure you would want to see that. Perhaps context options to toggle actual output on/off or something like that.
Quidam

Re: DMX Workspace broken

Postby Quidam » 27 Sep 2018, 10:40

Perhaps context options to toggle actual output on/off or something like that.

I totally agree with this statement - and actually accordingly submitted a feature request a few hours ago.

Thanks for your reply, Nick ; glad to know this is limited to PC Suite.