Pearl 2004 palettes not updating in memories

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

Sean

Pearl 2004 palettes not updating in memories

Postby Sean » 14 Aug 2006, 21:35

Hi all

When updating my palettes before each show day, all my memories which I created from scratch and all memories which have been copied to other playback faders, are all updated successfully. HOWEVER, all memories which have been photocopied to other playback faders and which have been edited do NOT update their palettes! I do not edit pan/ tilt in these new photocopied memories so I am not overiding the palette in any way. At the moment I am reinserting the position palette in all the photocopied memories but it is most frustrating and time consuming. What am I doing wrong? Is there a way around this? Any advice is welcome!
Thanks in advance

Sean
CoenCo

Postby CoenCo » 14 Aug 2006, 22:04

how do you edit and update those memories??
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 14 Aug 2006, 22:17

Yes, my question too.

I just tried some experiments with the simulator but could not find a problem.

I tried:

Create colour attr shared palette.
Select fix & apply palette.
Store PB.
Copy PB.
Photocopy PB.

Select fix and made edit to pan attribute. Merged with each of the three memories.
Stored new shared colour palette over the top of the old one.
Checked that new colour is recalled across all three memories, which it was.

I also tried using Edit Palette.

It is of course possible there is a fault with the release soft. Sim is not a 100% accurate representation of latest build in console.

Can you provide any more details and software version? Also, I'm sure I'm stating the obvious but you are editing in record by channel, yes?

Oh, and now my eyes are :shock:
CoenCo

Postby CoenCo » 14 Aug 2006, 22:20

Perhaps he includes the old memory and then replaces them after editing.??

Which Desk and wich software version are you using Sean??
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 14 Aug 2006, 22:26

Even so (according to sim), included and subsequently stored memories still contain references to palettes and not real values unless edited.
CoenCo

Postby CoenCo » 14 Aug 2006, 22:38

Yep... same here.. No matter what I try, as long as you don't mess with the actual values, and never touch them (unless by selecting a different pallette) the memory stays linked to the pallette.

Sean:
Are you sure that when you've copied the memories you actually copied the references to the pallettes as well? And when you edited them are you sure you havent accidentally touched the p/t parameters?
Sean

Postby Sean » 16 Aug 2006, 08:09

Hello

OK, so I went back to my console this morning and reprogrammed some cues (memories) just to go over the syntax for my own peace of mind. I photocopied and edited and re-edited palettes and everything is working fine. Thanx guys!
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 16 Aug 2006, 09:41

Glad to hear it. For a moment I thought you'd uncovered a nasty garing bug that somehow noone had bothered to report before (not unusual!)

It is very important to be accurate with edits and is 99% of the time the reason for people thinking the desk is at fault.

Two things I did consider were: 1) If you recall a palette using Quick Palettes (ie. without selecting fixtures) or with a global fade time set (IIRC) then the information does not enter the programmer. 2) HTP palettes never store as references, only actual values.