Grouping commonly used personalities ?

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

Aaron

Grouping commonly used personalities ?

Postby Aaron » 30 Jul 2018, 09:51

Hi,

I was just wondering if theres anyway to either copy/move commonly used fixture personalities from different companies into one "Manufacturer" group and still have them link to the visualiser files.
I use a lot of chinese fixtures and had previously made personalities for them myself and had them all saved in one folder, but I'm wanting to use the visualiser to pre-program so have either found existing profiles that work for my lights or am going to request them along with the vis. files from avolites and I would like them to be quick and easy to find and so I don't have to remember all sorts of random manufacturers.

Thanks.
Gregory

Re: Grouping commonly used personalities ?

Postby Gregory » 30 Jul 2018, 12:00

In the Personalities tab in Patch View the most recently patched fixtures should appear at the top of the list. You can select the personality mode directly from this view to patch it and you can use the search box to find any fixture without having to specify the manufacturer first.
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 30 Jul 2018, 12:38

If that doesn't help you could edit the personality and save a customised version with a unique manufacturer name. Assuming you are using the integrated Capture in Titan v10.0 and above for visualisation this won't affect the simulation as this is independent of the names. If this results in two personalities both referencing the same Capture file (ie. if there is one with the original manufacturer name and another one with an edited manufacturer name but is otherwise identical) then technically speaking this could cause issues if you used the show sync feature with the stand alone Capture. However, if you don't use that then it should be fine.

Regarding requests for new personalities if there is no manufacturer name in the documentation provided and no evidence can be found of a particular manufacturer/model online then, wherever possible, we will suggest a suitable alternative personality already available in the library rather than adding something that would be of no use to other customers. In the case that there is no manufacturer name in the documentation or proof online and there is no suitable equivalent personality currently available in the library it will usually be added under 'Unknown' manufacturer.

If you haven't already please see the requirements for Capture requests here. Note that if you are using the 'legacy' Avolites Visualiser unfortunately this is no longer supported.
Aaron

Postby Aaron » 30 Jul 2018, 23:22

Awesome, thanks for that.
I should be able to make something work. :D