update group information in shape, FX link

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

juliandekruijf

update group information in shape, FX link

Postby juliandekruijf » 19 Jul 2018, 12:52

Last month i tried to make a new showfile where i am working with key frame shapes which i can live update color, dimmer, prisma etc. information in with macro's. I have multiple shapes effects, for example: odd/even, 1/3 and 1/4. The goal is that i can make a lot of combinations in the live show with less button's and faders.

This works great and now i want to automatically update the shape with groups, so when i have to do a show i only have to make new groups and the shapes automatically update. The group FX link system works good when i use 1 group in the frame of a shape, when i use more than 1 group in a frame the shape doesn't update in the right way. Is this a bug or a non consisting thing or am i doing something wrong?
I tried other ways to update the key frame shape with macro's, making a new shape and replace the old one is no option because a recorded macro can't change the beat per cycle and the snap of the frames. I tried to replace the frames in the existing shape with a macro beacause then the beat per cycle en snap info stays the same but when i fire that macro something is going wrong and it doesn't update the shape.

Before this shape system i used chases. For the chases i made a macro to update the group information and that works well but now i want to switch to shapes because they have lots more options.

Hope someone can help me out.
yyy898

Re: update group information in shape, FX link

Postby yyy898 » 12 Sep 2018, 20:09

this is indeed a bug since V10.1 (avolites tracking ID: #71765)