off shape pattern

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

jacklighting

off shape pattern

Postby jacklighting » 27 May 2018, 20:56

I want to off shape pattern to record speed of shape . i cannot do it .
i choose fixture and then create shape tilt swing and OFF Shape pattern , in visualizer still show pattern ,i don'yt know why ? and then choose speed 120 bpm record in shape & effect windows.

in titan v11 simulator
thank for advice
Best Regard , Sincerely :D
Gregory

Re: off shape pattern

Postby Gregory » 27 May 2018, 21:03

Turning the shape pattern off will not stop the shape from running in the programmer (so you can see the speed, size etc. you have set). Note that the pattern may still be applied if the there is no shape running when you select the palette, if there is another shape it will only affect the speed of that shape.
jacklighting

Postby jacklighting » 28 May 2018, 07:10

i select the palette speed , but it not change speed, ? in simulator can't show ? i view palette speed it's show to me speed 120bpm . i must to set playback option of shape running ? , thank again , suggest me pls
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 28 May 2018, 08:55

Currently shape palettes only apply to shapes in the programmer. For example select fixtures, create shape (or apply shape pattern palette), apply shape speed palette. When recorded any relevant cues will maintain the reference to the palette and update if the palette is updated. For example you could pre-program a show where all the shape cues referenced a shape size palette and then update the size palette when you are on site.

It would be good to make these work better for busking - for example quick palettes, speed/size palettes to override any (associated) running live shapes following palette mode (ie. a global speed would take over the speed of all live shapes whereas a normal speed would only take over fixtures in the palette etc.) There would probably need to be ways to exclude cues from this though. I also feel that the existing 'OFF' system is currently not very intuitive and needs to be looked at - particularly the lack of any feedback regarding the pattern programmer state and that it generally doesn't follow the same programmer rules as elsewhere. However I realise that in many cases you would expect all parameters to record regardless of whether you had explicitly placed them in the programmer so the solution is not so simple.

Lastly the palette views are very confusing - for example if we create a shape, turn off everything except speed, place speed in the programmer and record a palette (let's say in normal mode) then view the palette it apparently contains size, speed and phase. This just isn't correct. I think it should just have speed. Or perhaps speed with everything else set to 'Off' although that would then suggest you could turn them back on which I don't think would be right either.
jacklighting

Postby jacklighting » 28 May 2018, 10:10

thx a lot . bros. :)