Palettes not working/frozen

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

Mars3110

Palettes not working/frozen

Postby Mars3110 » 27 May 2018, 18:19

Hello there,

I think I found an annoying bug in v11… but can't really reproduce it or find how it showed up there. It's very strange… it was working when I started this show (thankfully it's a test show !).
All my palettes are like deactivated, they don't apply values in the programmer or send values to the fixtures. And Quick Record don't work either. The only way to record is by using the Record button. But it's useless as the palettes can't be recalled LOL
It works if I create a new show, so it's like if the the show was corrupted. There was no crash or whatever. And I tried to restart.
Last edited by Mars3110 on 27 May 2018, 20:35, edited 1 time in total.
Gregory

Re: Palettes not working/frozen

Postby Gregory » 27 May 2018, 20:01

You appear to have the Run key profile selected; in this mode programming functions such as selecting palettes and Quick Record are disabled. You should hold down the Avo key and choose Select Current Key Profile from the softkeys, Program is the default key profile.
Mars3110

Postby Mars3110 » 27 May 2018, 20:34

Wow, didn't think about this one ! Thanks. Indeed I was also playing with the built-in key profiles in this show file.

Maybe you could add a note about this in the manual if it's not already there ? I didn't find anything.
IlPit

Postby IlPit » 01 Nov 2019, 11:01

Hello!
Actually i'm having the same problem with my version 11.1, now switched to 14...
I'm programming a show and in the view section of the cues i can't se which palette i'm using in that cue. Even if I include the cue, in the groups and palettes workspace, just the groups used in that cue are highlighted...
I tried to open a new show running the version 14, than i tried to import the elements of the "corrupted" show and nothing, the bug remains...
But,if in start a new show from the beginning with the new software version, new patch and stuff, i can see palettes in the cues and none of the other problems i described happen.
Is there any possibility to fix this issue in my "corrupted"show??
Thanks a lot
Federico
IlPit

Postby IlPit » 01 Nov 2019, 20:35

i'm sorry, i was meaning version 11.4, just a lapsus...
by the way, i checked before the ?uncorrupted" show and actually the problem appears also there...
phb

Postby phb » 05 Nov 2019, 15:09

This sounds like it would be worth opening a help-desk ticket at https://www.avolites.com/software/help-desk being sure to attach your showfile and describing which palettes appear to be broken, what you're expecting to see, and what you're actually seeing.
Pete Bridgman :: Avolites