Import Capture Visualiser positions

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

acetaxidriver

Import Capture Visualiser positions

Postby acetaxidriver » 11 May 2018, 15:09

Hi.

Is it possible to import to Capture Visualiser only the positions of fixtures, not the fixture?

Were is the problem: A fixture have been updated in Capture Visualiser, it was fixed the linear prism from 5 to 6 facet (old fixture was 5, new and correct has 6).
In a new show after patching the updated fixture it is with 6 facet pris. (looks good on capture visualiser).
Importing Show in Capture Visualiser Settings from a show with old fixture (5 facet), it change the fixture from 6 facet (updated) to 5 facet (old).
I want to import only the position on stage, since is not possible to update old shows to the updated fixture.

UPDATED FIXTURE: Chauvet Intimidator Hybrid 140SR (19ch dmx)
Titan v10.1

Thanks
niclights
The eManual

Re: Import Capture Visualiser positions

Postby niclights » 11 May 2018, 15:18

Unfortunately I don't think there is any way to do this from within Titan at the moment. However, if you have access to the stand-alone version of Capture Atlas or above then you can export the Capture show, load it into the stand-alone Capture and update the fixture that way.
acetaxidriver

Postby acetaxidriver » 11 May 2018, 15:40

Hi.

I don't have a stand-alone version of Capture Atlas or above.. :(
All I have to do is create a new show, patch fixtures, design stage and import previous show (fixtures mapping, palettes, playbacks, etc).

Thanks
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 11 May 2018, 17:08

Well, it's a bit fiddly but it is possible to force an update by exchanging the fixture(s) to a version that points to a different Capture fixture and then back to the original.

To do this you first need to make a new fixture that is identical to the original except for the Atlabase GUID's:

In Windows Explorer on your PC navigate to the fixture library folder (either C:\Program Files\Avolites\Titan\FixtureLibrary or C:\Program Files (x86)\Avolites\Titan\FixtureLibrary) and open Chauvet_Intimidator Hybrid 140SR.d4 in Personality Builder (if the .d4 file extension is associated with Personality Builder you can just double-click it)

Then in Personality Builder change the 'Name' to something unique (for example add an 'x' at the end = 'Intimidator Hybrid 140SRx') in fixture properties.

Then change the 'Type ID' in fixture properties/'AtlaBase Device Information' to:

44e255cd-69e0-4737-9f14-0cb5623f92cf
(you can use copy/paste - this is the model GUID used for dimmer)

and in the properties of the mode you have patched change the Atlabase Mode ID to:

f756254f-65bb-42ca-a594-04d1c611dc34
(you can use copy/paste - this is the mode GUID used for dimmer)

Then save this to the fixture library folder with a unique filename (for example add an 'x' at the end = 'Chauvet_Intimidator Hybrid 140SRx.d4')

Close Personality Builder.

If Titan as already running you will need to close and relaunch to index the new file and then Load your show if it isn't already there.

Then exchange existing fixtures to the new version:

PATCH, [Fixtures], [Chauvet], [Intimidator Hybrid 140SRx](ie. the new fixture), [<your mode>], <select existing fixtures>, toggle softkey C to [Use Source Fixture Address], [Exchange Fixture]
= all the fixtures should change to dimmers and light at 50% intensity (this is equivalent to the pan channel in the Chauvet's)

Then exchange the new fixtures back to the original:

PATCH, [Fixtures], [Chauvet], [Intimidator Hybrid 140SR](ie. the original), [<your mode>], <select existing fixtures>, make sure softkey C is still [Use Source Fixture Address], [Exchange Fixture]
= all the fixtures should change back to the Chauvet's, hopefully with the 6-facet prism!

(you can delete the dummy fixture if you want but it will get destroyed next time you install the library anyway)
Last edited by niclights on 11 May 2018, 18:53, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed 'user' typos
acetaxidriver

Postby acetaxidriver » 11 May 2018, 18:44

FANTASTIC!! It works :D :o :shock: :wink: :!:

Thank you very much!
The dummy fixture can be saved to "Documents\Titan\Personalities\" folder, I suppose it wont be destroyed.

I've used the same process to fix Martin Rush MH2 WASH (tilt updated to 180º).

Please change in your reply [User Source Fixture Address] to [Use Source Fixture Address]

Thanks
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 11 May 2018, 18:56

Yes, you could and it wouldn't although there's not much point in keeping unless you happen to need to update them again (or in another show).

Apologies for the error and thank you for letting me know. Now fixed.