Pearl 2008 Visualizer Output

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

Jhoe

Pearl 2008 Visualizer Output

Postby Jhoe » 26 Apr 2018, 10:38

Guys anybody there knows where was the Visualizer and VDU was for?

because i'm thinking if it is possible to used external monitor on the pearl 2008 to view my patching?

do you have any idea guys what was the output for?
niclights
The eManual

Re: Pearl 2008 Visualizer Output

Postby niclights » 26 Apr 2018, 11:26

The VDU gives you access to other views but not the Visualiser. As far as I know the visualiser output was never implemented.

To visualise the output you will need a separate machine.

Theoretically you can connect a console to the Avolites Visualiser running on a separate PC by making a special MIDI -> serial cable (and probably also a high quality serial->Usb converter unless you happen to have a PC with an old 9-pin serial port). However, this can be complicated to setup, is wireframe with only basic capabilities, relies on the fixtures being available in the library or having to create your own (these are no longer supported) and, in my experience, can cause the console to run slowly.

A better route would be to use a third-party visualiser (along with an associated DMX input adapter) and connect via DMX.

The best route would be to upgrade to Titan which has built-in Capture Visualisation.
Jhoe

Postby Jhoe » 26 Apr 2018, 11:33

niclights wrote:The VDU gives you access to other views but not the Visualiser. As far as I know the visualiser output was never implemented.

To visualise the output you will need a separate machine.

Theoretically you can connect a console to the Avolites Visualiser running on a separate PC by making a special MIDI -> serial cable (and probably also a high quality serial->Usb converter unless you happen to have a PC with an old 9-pin serial port). However, this can be complicated to setup, is wireframe with only basic capabilities, relies on the fixtures being available in the library or having to create your own (these are no longer supported) and, in my experience, can cause the console to run slowly.

A better route would be to use a third-party visualiser (along with an associated DMX input adapter) and connect via DMX.

The best route would be to upgrade to Titan which has built-in Capture Visualisation

thank you bro.
so i can used the VDU as an external monitor to view something like my patching or ETC>
Last edited by niclights on 26 Apr 2018, 11:40, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed quote tags
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 26 Apr 2018, 11:39

Yes, you can see things like your patch or playback legends. I think the easiest thing to do is to search the manual for 'VDU'.
Jhoe

Postby Jhoe » 26 Apr 2018, 11:45

thank you

but i have a problem because i tried to find the on the internet for that connection but i found out nothing

can you refer a sites where can i download bro
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 26 Apr 2018, 14:06

Gregory

Postby Gregory » 27 Apr 2018, 12:43

The Visualiser port on the back of later classic consoles is an RS-232 port that internally is connected to the MIDI connection and allows you to connect a serial cable (or serial to USB adapter) without having to make the additional MIDI to serial cable. When switching on the Visualiser user setting on classic consoles it does reduce the performance of the console, that along with the difficulty of setting up the serial connection which is only supported by the legacy Avolites Visualiser, I would normally recommend using a DMX to Art-Net converter for use with other visualisation software.
Jhoe

Postby Jhoe » 28 Apr 2018, 09:17

i appreciate your help niclights, many thanks for that,

mr niclights do you have any sites where i can download avolites software when i can installed it on my laptop for training purposes?