Switch between Titan and Pearl

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

chien0721

Switch between Titan and Pearl

Postby chien0721 » 17 Apr 2018, 14:53

My venue is using a Pearl Expert console with Titan V6 software. After using by my colleague the other, I turned it on today. Somehow it launched Pearl 2009 instead of Titan V6. I called Avolites this morning and was informed that there should be a switch function between Titan and Pearl Classic mode. Sadly, the technician told me that he wasn't sure about the function, so he will have his colleague call me back. Well, I haven't received the call back and it's kind of an emergency to me because I have a show in 12 hours. Does anyone know how to switch it back to titan?
At the same time, my colleague said the console couldn't send any DMX signal to the lighting fixtures. In other words, our lighting fixtures could not be controlled by the console after being patched. I have checked the DMX cable and it works just fine. All four universes have been tested and none of them could send out DMX signal. Any possible errors I might encounter?
Thanks a lot!
Gregory

Re: Switch between Titan and Pearl

Postby Gregory » 17 Apr 2018, 15:29

On the Expert Touch wing or external VGA screen there is a Tools menu in the top left hand corner, select that can choose the Switch Software option which should be third up from the bottom above restart and shutdown software. There you should have the options to change between Titan and Classic modes. Changes to the DMX panel firmware meant that the Titan v6 onwards they were no longer compatible with classic however you can still you Art-Net instead; in current versions of Titan classic mode has been removed entirely.
chien0721

Postby chien0721 » 18 Apr 2018, 02:59

Gregory wrote:On the Expert Touch wing or external VGA screen there is a Tools menu in the top left hand corner, select that can choose the Switch Software option which should be third up from the bottom above restart and shutdown software. There you should have the options to change between Titan and Classic modes. Changes to the DMX panel firmware meant that the Titan v6 onwards they were no longer compatible with classic however you can still you Art-Net instead; in current versions of Titan classic mode has been removed entirely.

So this means my DMX signal problems might be caused by classic mode since classic mode could only use Art-Net instead of DMX cable. Am I getting this right?
Gregory

Postby Gregory » 18 Apr 2018, 08:21

Yes, as I said changes to the DMX board panel firmware and underlying protocol meant that they were no longer compatible with the classic software.