Fan/Spread attribute values across fixtures via command line and/or cell editors?

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

Chappie

Fan/Spread attribute values across fixtures via command line and/or cell editors?

Postby Chappie » 04 Apr 2018, 20:38

I recently had the pleasure of spending some time on an Arena console (running Titan 10.1), this was my first exposure to Titan in any serious way so I can't help but think I'm missing something obvious due to my lack of knowledge of the console.

Is there some way to fan/spread an attribute value across multiple fixtures via command line syntax? As a quick example, if I have a bunch of dimmers selected in the programmer, the Intensity attribute bank is on with Dimmer on wheel A, and I wanted to fan the dimmer values starting at 5% on the first dimmer and ending at 100% on the last dimmer I was expecting the following syntax to work

Code: Select all

<@A> 5 <Through> 100 <ENTER>

I also tried from both the programmer and view cue windows to block select the attribute column then

5 <Through> 100 <ENTER>

Also tried selecting just the actual attribute cells rather than block selecting by pressing the column header but none of these attempts worked.

In the end I had to whip out a calculator for all the spreads I wanted to achieve and workout the mid point with

(range max - range min) / 2 + range min

Then set the attribute level to that mid point and with all fixtures selected hit <Fan> then dial the first fixture down to the range min value. But can't shake the feeling that there is an easier way to do this?
clublights

Re: Fan/Spread attribute values across fixtures via command line and/or cell editors?

Postby clublights » 04 Apr 2018, 21:26

Use Align .... it's under the ML menu ..

like doing color

Set your first and last fixture ( red for one blue for the other as example )

then select the middle fixtures tap ml menu, then align on the soft keys , then select your first and last fixture set the mask to color only.. set it to spread attributes then hit align . done.
Chappie

Re: Fan/Spread attribute values across fixtures via command line and/or cell editors?

Postby Chappie » 08 Apr 2018, 13:40

Thanks for the reply.

I did see mention of spreading attributes using align when digging through the manual after the event. It certainly gets the job done, and for spreading multiple attributes it's probably a good approach. But, for spreading a single attribute, I'm not sure it's much if any more efficient than what I ended up doing.

Surprising that the X Through Y syntax doesn't appear to be supported for this as it is for spreading fade and delay times.