Cue Lists - Shapes, Tracking & Copying Cues

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

simes831

Cue Lists - Shapes, Tracking & Copying Cues

Postby simes831 » 26 Mar 2018, 23:50

Hi

I need some help please, I have been called into a job to help plot a theatre show due to crew sickness. They are using a Titan mobile running V10 and a Cue List which has about 30 cues in already.

Unfortunately my knowledge of cue lists isn't great, I have used them before and never got on very well with them mostly because of understanding and getting the tracking correct, also only used generics in the cue lists before not heads.

I'm having the following problems

Shapes & Tracking
I have a cue with 2 shapes running but they are tracking into the following cue and don't want them running in that following cue. I have tried using include on the following cue, removing the shapes and re recording the cue by replacing it but the shapes are still there and run in the second cue?
Is there a way in playback view to edit the cue and remove the shapes in the second cue or stop them from recording into the next cue, is this using block shapes?
If yes how do i get the switch to display in the view shapes column as i just have the name of the shapes in both the cues and no switch to block in the second cue?

Copying cues
When recording a theatre show on say a strand desk, I'm used to everything recording in a cue each time you record a new cue. If i want to repeat the cue later I recall it and record as the new cue and everything is programmed into the new cue
On the Mobile a look is built up of adding cues, say 4 cues, so whats the best way to copy the whole look to repeat it? If i run cue 4 and then record it at as cue 10 it only has what I added in cue 4 not the whole look? I.e. i want the whole look to repeat for cue 10.

I have watched most of the 2 webinars in cue lists so have a better idea but help with the above would be appreciated as i start plotting again at 8.30am tomorrow morning.

Many thanks
Gregory

Re: Cue Lists - Shapes, Tracking & Copying Cues

Postby Gregory » 27 Mar 2018, 00:08

Shapes & Tracking
You can turn tracking off for the cue list in Playback Options either for everything or just for shapes. If you do then only the values and shapes that were recorded into the cue will output. If any of your shapes are tracking from the previous cue they will be shown with a toggle which allows you to block that particular shape, if it is set to block the shape will not output in the cue it is blocked in. If the toggle is not shown on a shape this means it is the first cue that it has appeared in, if you have one of these in a second cue deleting the shape will allow the first one to track. Another option you have is to set the cue tracking mode as any cue can be set to Block or specifically Block Shapes to prevent previous values from being tracked in. The block shapes that are available in the Shapes and Effects menu are slightly different as they block shapes fired from other playbacks rather than just preventing the shapes from tracking as with the options described above.

Copying cues
After you select a cue to copy softkey C should determine what should be copied: if it is set to Copy Tracked Values all values including those tracked from the previous cue will be copied; if it is set to Don't Copy Tracked Values only the values stored in the cue itself will be copied.
simes831

Re: Cue Lists - Shapes, Tracking & Copying Cues

Postby simes831 » 27 Mar 2018, 00:29

Hi Gregory

Many thanks for this!

I will have a look tomorrow and hopefully will sort my problems!

Thanks

Simon