Touch Screen on Tiger Touch (Pro Upgrade) 10.1

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

DJH

Touch Screen on Tiger Touch (Pro Upgrade) 10.1

Postby DJH » 14 Mar 2018, 18:39

Hi All,

I've got a gig this Saturday using an Avo Tiger Touch (Pro Upgrade) running 10.1.

When I plug the external touch screen into the Tiger Touch (VGA & USB), the touch screen actually moves the cursor on the Tiger Touch screen, not on the external Touch screen (Nothing is therefor selectable on the external touch screen).
Also, all the directions are reversed - moving up up on the touch screen sends the cursor down on the Tiger Touch, right on the touch screen, moves the cursor left on the Tiger Touch.

I can't get the cursor across to the external touch screen.

Any ideas ?

Cheers,

H.
clublights

Re: Touch Screen on Tiger Touch (Pro Upgrade) 10.1

Postby clublights » 15 Mar 2018, 06:24

plug the USB into a different port this will sometimes break the windows lock on using it on both screens.
DJH

Postby DJH » 15 Mar 2018, 08:36

Hi,

Unfortunately that didn't work either.

H.
Gregory

Postby Gregory » 15 Mar 2018, 18:12

The touchscreen will need to be configured to assign/map the touch sensor to the correct monitor output. The recommendation is to use touchscreens that support Windows Touch which means that drivers and utilities are built into Windows and the console. If this monitor supports this then go to Tools > Control Panel > Touch Screen Setup > Windows Touch Settings. In there, click on the Setup button and press Enter on the keyboard until text is shown on the external screen, at which point touch the screen to identify it. Note that if no compatible touchscreen is detected the Windows Touch Settings menu will not be displayed, in which case you may need to use drivers or utilities supplied with the touchscreen to configure it. We do not recommend installing drivers or software on Avolites consoles as this has the potential to make the console unstable or even crash. If you do choose to do so, I would suggest that you test the console thoroughly before using it on a show and be aware that if you do have any problems you may need to run a recovery stick to return the console to normal.
DJH

Postby DJH » 16 Mar 2018, 12:00

Hi Greg :)

Genius, that worked !! - I was pressing [ENTER] on the console keypad, not the virtual keyboard's ENTER button (That's my bad - I was deep in programming mode :roll: :lol: ).

Strangely, the additional touch screen still says no pen or touch is available in the control panel, but it works absolutely fine.

Many Thanks !

H.