Make led blinder act like conv. Blinder with flash times

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

htevents

Make led blinder act like conv. Blinder with flash times

Postby htevents » 12 Mar 2018, 06:56

Hello,

I have a few led Matrix fixtures and I have programmed a white blind cue.
I want the playback to mimic a conventional blinder, so I want to program a fade in of 0.5 seconds and a fade out of 1 second. It works when using the playbackfader, but when pressing the flash or swop button, it is instantly on or off, so it doesn't uses the fade times anymore.

How can I make it work on a Pearl 2008?
Gregory

Re: Make led blinder act like conv. Blinder with flash times

Postby Gregory » 12 Mar 2018, 13:05

I'm afraid I cannot think of a way to do this in the classic software. In the Titan software an option was added to allow you to change the key profile to Timed Flash but there is no corresponding option on the Pearl 2008.
chien0721

Postby chien0721 » 28 Mar 2018, 19:48

Gregory wrote:I'm afraid I cannot think of a way to do this in the classic software. In the Titan software an option was added to allow you to change the key profile to Timed Flash but there is no corresponding option on the Pearl 2008.

I have a similar question to ask as well. I’m using LED blinders instead of traditional generic blinders.
But what I’m thinking is instead of setting fade in and fade out time of flash, is it possible to adjust the curve line of fixture in the console to make LEDs look like traditional ones? It doesn’t have to be exactly the same. It would work if they look alike.
I am also curious about the definition of swop and flash too. As far as I know, swop would replace anything with things you press swop and flash would add things you press on the current show. But do they follow the curve you set in the console when you press swop or flash? Or do they just instantly pop to the maximum value of a fixture. I know it sounds kind of confusing by the way I describe. To put it simple, do swop and flash be affected by curve setting in console or the fixture itself?
Thanks!
Gregory

Postby Gregory » 29 Mar 2018, 09:51

Flash and swop will use the curve however only to determine what value they end up at. For example if you used the 90% Linear curve then flash would jump to 90% rather than 100% but it won't go through any values in between. Flash effectively puts a playback to full at its final values instantly, swop does the same put also temporarily removes all other playbacks. In the case of the latter this primarily affects HTP channels as LTP channels will remain on what they were previously set to.
chien0721

Postby chien0721 » 30 Mar 2018, 10:12

Gregory wrote:Flash and swop will use the curve however only to determine what value they end up at. For example if you used the 90% Linear curve then flash would jump to 90% rather than 100% but it won't go through any values in between. Flash effectively puts a playback to full at its final values instantly, swop does the same put also temporarily removes all other playbacks. In the case of the latter this primarily affects HTP channels as LTP channels will remain on what they were previously set to.

So would there be any other possible to make LED blinders light up like generic blinders when pressing the flash or swop? Or the only way to mimic is to write a cue list?
Gregory

Postby Gregory » 30 Mar 2018, 15:14

No you cannot set delays or fades on the flash button of a cue in the classic software. You could possibly write a chase to achieve a similar effect. On Titan you can set times on the flash button or use cue lists to do it.