Fader response when firing a chase

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

watty

Fader response when firing a chase

Postby watty » 07 Mar 2018, 21:26

I am sure I am missing something here - I have quite a few chases stored on faders and the faders never appear to do anything other than fire the chase. I have been unable to make any changes that alters this.

Should it be possible to use the fader to alter intensity or speed or similar?
niclights
The eManual

Re: Fader response when firing a chase

Postby niclights » 07 Mar 2018, 21:59

If the chase contains dimmers then the fader level will proportionally control the intensity. You can control speed by wheel when connected (default is to auto connect the last chase or cue list fired) and/or via tap tempo on a button (via. key profiles) or by assigning a speed master and setting that as the speed source.
watty

Postby watty » 08 Mar 2018, 09:51

I guess my main issue here is dimmers always being HTP. Most of the chases are fired over other playbacks that already have intensity set (probably 100%). Therefore if I add intensity to the chase, I assume the playback which the chase is running over will prevent the fader of the chase from dimming the channel if the playback intensity is already at 100%?

Is there any reason why playback settings for each cue could not have an option to make the intensity HTP or LTP??
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 08 Mar 2018, 09:58

watty wrote:Is there any reason why playback settings for each cue could not have an option to make the intensity HTP or LTP??

I think the only answer I can give to this is because it's not implemented in the software at the moment.