Titan midi controller

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

kimwida

Re: Titan midi controller

Postby kimwida » 21 May 2018, 14:40

You're such a lazy man!!!
Just kidding. :D :D :D
You don't even want to push one macro button, right?
I don't know how to save color set to launchpad but you can autoload the macro to a cuelist which are set to "Run On Startup Enabled".
I think that makes you much easier.
Mars3110

Postby Mars3110 » 21 May 2018, 14:44

It's not about being lazy at all LOL
Just that we can't output MIDI from a Titan Mobile or a Quartz, so without being able to store the colours set in the launchpad itself it's impossible to colour it without a computer, right ?
kimwida

Postby kimwida » 21 May 2018, 15:06

I don't understand what you said.

http://api.avolites.com/11.0/Panel.Midi.NoteOn.html
http://api.avolites.com/11.0/Panel.Midi.NoteOff.html
http://api.avolites.com/11.0/Panel.Midi.Send.html

There are methods which can send midi from Titan.
And to use titan mobile, at least you need a PC, isn't it??
Gregory

Postby Gregory » 21 May 2018, 15:09

Both Titan Mobile and the Quartz only have a single MIDI port which is used for MIDI In unlike other consoles that also have a MIDI Out port.
kimwida

Postby kimwida » 12 Dec 2018, 12:26

Mars3110 wrote:It's not about being lazy at all LOL
Just that we can't output MIDI from a Titan Mobile or a Quartz, so without being able to store the colours set in the launchpad itself it's impossible to colour it without a computer, right ?

I recently succeeded to send midi notes to Titan with iconnectMIDI 4+ and Lemur through my iphone.
Maybe it can help you to light your launchpad without a computer.
Ty7077

Postby Ty7077 » 02 May 2023, 08:30

kimwida wrote:There are many ways to light launch pad MK2. I am using MIDI-OX to send sysEx just for one shot color set.
Generally, if you send midi code(color) to each button by channel 1, your MK2 buttons will light with the specific colors.
Even you can make them blink.

For example this macro will light left bottom button to red. (Your launch Pad MK2 must be in session mode which use midi channel 1.)

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<avolites.macros>
  <macro id="Test_Midi">
    <name>Test Midi</name>
    <sequence>
     <step pause="0.01">Panel.Midi.NoteOn(1, 11, 5)</step>
    </sequence>
  </macro>
</avolites.macros>

For more information, you have to read "launchpad mk2 programmers reference guide".
After read the manual, adding more code lines, you will light your pad buttons color like you want.

Hello, please forgive me here for being new to this Forum and any forum style format of posting. I am trying to figure out if there is any more information you can give to help me figure out the issue in this thread. I bought an apc mini hoping to use it with my titan mobile and have had success adding triggers to it but I’d like to figure out how to light up the controller. What I know is that the titan software does not provide midi out which is what is needed to control button color.

I’ve searched and search for the easy answer to this but this post is the closest thing I’ve come to. I’ve been told to just buy show cockpit and I’ll be able to do what I need easily but wondering if there’s a better way.

Thanks for the help in advance, I know this thread is from 2018 and it’s 2023 but any help would be appreciated!!
Ty7077

Postby Ty7077 » 02 May 2023, 20:51

kimwida wrote:There are many ways to light launch pad MK2. I am using MIDI-OX to send sysEx just for one shot color set.
Generally, if you send midi code(color) to each button by channel 1, your MK2 buttons will light with the specific colors.
Even you can make them blink.

For example this macro will light left bottom button to red. (Your launch Pad MK2 must be in session mode which use midi channel 1.)

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<avolites.macros>
  <macro id="Test_Midi">
    <name>Test Midi</name>
    <sequence>
     <step pause="0.01">Panel.Midi.NoteOn(1, 11, 5)</step>
    </sequence>
  </macro>
</avolites.macros>

For more information, you have to read "launchpad mk2 programmers reference guide".
After read the manual, adding more code lines, you will light your pad buttons color like you want.

Thank you for getting back to me, much appreciated. I’m sorry I have to respond to you this way, as a new user, I can not send PM’s yet.

So I think I get the gist of what I have to do but I’m a little clueless when it comes to code and downloading things to a new computer my work just bought for me. The videos you sent looks like it can be easy but I’d have to explain it to my work as to why I’m trying to code something along these lines, and really I can barley figure out how to do it in the first place. I know I sound stupid here but I really wished it was easier then this like 90% of all Avolites functions are.

I'm not sure if we could talk through another platform? Or not sure what I have to do here to send private messages. Thanks again for your time, and information
kimwida

Postby kimwida » 06 May 2023, 13:50

I made pages for you.
I don't know whether you use apc mini or apc mini MK2.
So I make two pages. And there are simple instructions which you can follow very easily.
Hope you make it.

<AKAI APC mini's skin>
https://tistory1.daumcdn.net/tistory/43 ... +skin.html
<AKAI APC mini MK2's skin>
https://tistory1.daumcdn.net/tistory/43 ... 0skin.html
normscruze

Postby normscruze » 11 May 2023, 09:53

I have one and use it all the time, and have used it with Titan Mobile and both the Akai MPK Mini and Launchpad. What do you want to know? teatv apk

download apk
Last edited by normscruze on 15 May 2023, 10:02, edited 1 time in total.
Ty7077

Postby Ty7077 » 11 May 2023, 17:22

normscruze wrote:I have one and use it all the time, and have used it with Titan Mobile and both the Akai MPK Mini and Launchpad. What do you want to know?

If you have the apc mini Mk2 the colors don’t work unless you hav it through ableton. Just want the fun colors.
Ty7077

Postby Ty7077 » 11 May 2023, 17:24

kimwida wrote:I made pages for you.
I don't know whether you use apc mini or apc mini MK2.
So I make two pages. And there are simple instructions which you can follow very easily.
Hope you make it.

<AKAI APC mini's skin>
https://tistory1.daumcdn.net/tistory/43 ... +skin.html
<AKAI APC mini MK2's skin>
https://tistory1.daumcdn.net/tistory/43 ... 0skin.html

Literally did everything here for my Ak2, I go to refresh the macros and it dosnt work…. What am I doing wrong?
nankatape

Postby nankatape » 15 Mar 2024, 10:03

I already tried to find any info about this unsuccessfully, but maybe you would have a solution : is it possible to store a one shot colour set IN the launchpad so no need of sending commands each time we turn on the launchpad ?
kimwida

Postby kimwida » 22 Mar 2024, 05:12

Ty7077 wrote:Literally did everything here for my Ak2, I go to refresh the macros and it dosnt work…. What am I doing wrong?

At least you need over T2. It doesn't work with T1.
kimwida

Postby kimwida » 22 Mar 2024, 05:24

nankatape wrote:is it possible to store a one shot colour set IN the launchpad so no need of sending commands each time we turn on the launchpad ?

As far as I know, it's no way to save something in not only launchpad but also any midi controller. They are needed to be set by a host which could be your console or PC.

And the macro is very easy way to set your midi controller color. It just need ONE CLICK on your titan.

Some pages which generate a macro for your launchpad are needed though.