Playback behaviour

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

watty

Playback behaviour

Postby watty » 28 Feb 2018, 21:37

I have been trying to solve an issue for the last hour and have had to admit defeat for now. I have various playbacks stored in the playback window workspace. I created a new one which just sets the dimmer to zero on a group of scanners. When any of the playbacks for the scanners are running, firing the "dimmer at zero" playback will not change the dimmers to zero. If I add "close shutter" that will work but is not what I need. I have tried various priorities and also looked at everything I can think of and nothing works.

Does anyone know why the fixtures will not go to zero when this playback is fired? Is it anything to do with HTP for dimmers - i.e. existing playback dimmer setting is higher than new playback? If so, is there a way to bring the running playbacks to zero other than closing the shutter?

If I close the shutters, I guess I will have to mod all the existing relevant playbacks to open the shutters when fired if it is not part of the recorded attributes??

(10.1)
niclights
The eManual

Re: Playback behaviour

Postby niclights » 28 Feb 2018, 21:49

It is because dimmers are HTP.

Perhaps you could use a group master instead?
watty

Postby watty » 01 Mar 2018, 10:13

What I am trying to do is create a Macro that in one of the early steps dims a particular group of movers (if they are running any one of multiple possible playbacks ) and the moves them before releasing all playbacks and then fading in the group of movers. in the new position.
icke_siegen

Postby icke_siegen » 01 Mar 2018, 10:33

I'd do something like this with a shape because shapes - even dimmer shapes - are LTP. Basically the steps are like this:
- select all movers you want to be dimmed down
- create dim shape, dimmer spread
- set speed to 0 BPM, restart shape (to see it is at 0)
- record this as 'dim down' cue, make sure the shape doesn't track

This is an old trick back from the old classic days when we didn't have a group master. You can do that quicker with a custom 'reduce' shape, see http://www.avolites.de/wiki/shapes:cust ... oup_master