Shape help with pixel bars

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

djsky

Shape help with pixel bars

Postby djsky » 25 Feb 2018, 13:00

Ok, so I’ve just got some Chauvet Colorband Pix USB and want a simple effect that bounces a light in a sort of ping pong effect from left to right.

I’ve managed to do an effect in pixel mapper, with a white light exactly how I want it.

I’ve programmed it to a playback, but when I have other elements running in the background, such as static colours, and then Run the playback, the white light appears over the top of the static colour.... how can I make this playback turn all the other cell RGB values to zero and just run the white ping pong on its own?

I feel if there was a way I could do this with a regular dimmer shape, then I could even do this and the colour could be chosen according to the background cues that are running, as the pixel mapper only does RGB values it appears.
niclights
The eManual

Re: Shape help with pixel bars

Postby niclights » 25 Feb 2018, 13:37

The pixel mapper will work on dimmers or colour mixing but where there are both it will currently use the colour mixing and unfortunately there is no way to override this without breaking other functions such as colour shapes and colour picker.

I don't think there is any way you could do this with shapes at the moment - essentially you would be wanting to reverse the fixture order on each cycle.

It might be possible to achieve this with a cue list or chase with overlap but I would recommend staying with the pixel map and using a pixel map layer master. When assigned and enabled in an effect the layer master takes control of a number of parameters including intensity and colour. Since the pixel map layer masters are effectively fixtures you can do things like use colour palettes. For example, you could merge pixel map layer master colours on top of your fixture colour palettes (or record separately, or use global etc.) Then when you recall the palette you will change the colour of the pixel map effect. A different way of going about it but the end result may well be the same.