Clear Problem

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

kimwida

Clear Problem

Postby kimwida » 04 Feb 2018, 04:44

I recorded 8 MHs' a specific tilt position on a fader(Mode 2) to control manually in a show.
But the weird thing is after doing something and clearing programmer, it goes 100% tilt value.

1) Move the tilt fader to 10%.
2) Select 8 MHs then apply a color palette. (The only thing in programmer is "Color".)
3) And move the tilt fader to 15%.
4) Right after hitting "Clear" button, they go to 100% tilt.

I don't understand why they go to the fader's maximum value.

It's bad thing to use programmer in a show but my MHs are multicell MHs,
so I sometimes put a color into center cell of the MHs' programmer and I can use my many chases with a fixed color center cell .
niclights
The eManual

Re: Clear Problem

Postby niclights » 04 Feb 2018, 10:59

I can't reproduce this. If possible can you provide all the steps from a new show?
kimwida

Postby kimwida » 04 Feb 2018, 12:57

1) Patch a MH.
2) Record a Tilt 60% palette. (Global Palette, Set Mask : Position, Record By Channel In Programmer)
3) Record a Color blue palette. (Global Palette, Set Mask : Color, Record By Channel In Programmer)
4) Record 100% intensity cue to first fader and push up to 100% for the light beam.(Record Mode : Channel, Tracking : Global, Set Mask : Intensity)
5) Record 100% tilt cue to to second fader. (Record Mode : Channel, Tracking : Global, Set Mask : Position)
6) Change the tilt cue's mode to 2. Now I can control the tilt manually by the second fader.

The problem sometimes happens and sometimes doesn't. So it took a lot of time for me to find out this process. :D :D :D

1) Move second fader half up.
2) Apply Tilt 60% "quick palette".
3) Move second fader to the bottom.
4) Move second fader full up (100%).
5) Select the MH and apply the blue color palette.
6) Move second fader half down (50%).
7) Clear and the MH moves!!!

When I busk a show, sometimes the process seems to happen to me.
Maybe the style what I busk is wrong, but if I know why this happen, I could understand Titan more.
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 04 Feb 2018, 17:34

Unfortunately this looks like a bug.

What appears to be happening is if a control level is set by quick palette, then modified by a mode 2 fader, selecting and clearing the fixture will result in the control level to be recalculated proportional to the fader level and then the mode 2 fader offset is applied to that. I think that probably doesn't make much sense but some simplified steps might make it more clear:

- New show
- Patch 1x Varilite VL2500 Spot, 22 DMX
- Open Channel Grid to visualise numerically and filter to position group (optional)
- Select fixture, set tilt to 0% and quick record a palette in the position window
- Set tilt to 100% and record a playback fader by channel
- Set playback to mode 2
- Clear
- Apply palette
- Lift playback fader to half (channel grid should show '-' representing locate at 50%)
- Select fixture and clear

= Tilt jumps to 75% (wrong)

- Lower fader to zero

= Tilt is now '-' (50%). The 75% above was simply representing the offset according to the new base value (ie. half way from 50 to 100 = 75%)
kimwida

Postby kimwida » 05 Feb 2018, 05:26

Thank you for the investigation.
Once again, I learned more like debugging Titan from you. :D :D :D
I hope it will be fixed at the next update.

And about the problem, I decide not to apply quick palette before the fader down to zero.