Tiger touch upgrade from 9.1 to 10.x

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

Vassillius

Tiger touch upgrade from 9.1 to 10.x

Postby Vassillius » 29 Jan 2018, 02:29

I have a Tiger Touch upgraded to Pro that's running v9.1 but it only has 2 GB of RAM and a 40 GB SSD that only has 30.5 GB available space. Could I get another SSD with 50 GB and 4 GB of RAM and be ok to upgrade to 10.1? Or do I need to still do the massive hardware upgrade that includes the motherboard and what not? Also, does the board use DDR2 or DDR3 memory? I'm not at my console at the moment and I can't look inside but I need to order the parts ASAP. Thank you for any input!
clublights

Re: Tiger touch upgrade from 9.1 to 10.x

Postby clublights » 29 Jan 2018, 23:56

Does the console have 2 ethernet ports ? If so it does have the pro upgrade and is able to run V 10 .

If it only has 1 it does not have the upgrade and is not able to run V10 . and will require the full kit.

if it does have both the hard drive should have been upgraded when the kit was installed.

You could install a new drive ( ssd, intel or sandisk) and Ram ( DDR3 laptop style use a 4GB stick and remove the 2GB, do not combine or attempt to combine with the ram already there )

but if it does not have the 2 ethernet ports just order the whole kit contact your countries distributor for pricing.
Vassillius

Postby Vassillius » 31 Jan 2018, 15:35

First off, thank you for the reply. So, I just got the console back out of storage and did some digging. It is a complete pro upgrade and it DOES have the required RAM and SSD. Turns out, they didn't replace the OS. It's running on a 32-bit version of Windows XP, which doesn't utilize or recognize anything above 2 GB of RAM(3 GB with the right driver) but no where close to all 4 GB. My only question now is how should I go about upgrading an OS on a console that has all of the Avolites applications on it, without losing any of those apps. In order for me to upgrade the OS, I'll have to do a clean install, which could wipe everything I have. The real question I have is what do I need to backup, in case I need to do a reinstall of the Avo programs, drivers, etc. Thank you again for any info
clublights

Postby clublights » 31 Jan 2018, 15:38

you just run the recovery . it installs the os and everything.

download the recovery creator make a thumb drive from it and install the whole thing. also run ecn-204 all of this is downloadable from avo's site
Vassillius

Postby Vassillius » 31 Jan 2018, 15:40

Also, the processor does have 64-bit capabilities
Vassillius

Postby Vassillius » 31 Jan 2018, 15:41

Awesome, that's what I assumed, but I didn't want to rush anything without discussing it with someone else. Thanks again for all of the help!!