AI ArtNet Troubleshooting

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

BobbyPee

AI ArtNet Troubleshooting

Postby BobbyPee » 04 Jan 2018, 16:58

So here's one for you....

Got a system here patched over artnet. I installed a Titan Mobile and have no issues patching and programming. I bought an AI license to handle the pixel mapping. With Titan shut down, just running AI with a single modular LED fixture, I have zero ArtNet traffic, verified by Artnetominator. I've contacted Avo service to try and troubleshoot, they've checked my Salvation server and fixture patching and we can't arrive at a solution. Has anyone seen something like this? My first thought was a firewall issue, but that's been completely disabled and AI reinstalled to no avail. The only other oddity was during installation the smartdongle driver installation keeps failing, but AI still recognizes a license, so that doesn't seem like a likely culprit. I'm out of ideas now and it's killing me, I need smart people please.
icke_siegen

Re: AI ArtNet Troubleshooting

Postby icke_siegen » 05 Jan 2018, 20:01

You are welcome to be in touch with me at s.beutel@trendco.de - it's easier to do this directly.

Some hints:
- if you have AI and the Artnetominator on the same machine then you need the Microsoft Loopback Adaptor (a virtual network interface)
- select the correct network adaptor in Ai
- I assume you have already setup the screen fixture, and the region is mapped
- you need some little patching on the stage patch page: connect the white DMX send from the AddictFixture to the white DMX send of Patch IO
- double-click Mixer_0 to open it
- in the window Mixer_0, double-click the Artnet Device
- in the window Artnet Device there is the module ArtNet server. Here you need to enable 'Continuous Output'

Maybe there are easier ways - but this is how you can make it happen.

best, Sebastian
icke_siegen

Re: AI ArtNet Troubleshooting

Postby icke_siegen » 05 Jan 2018, 20:26

Additionally you might ask the Ai support guys at support@avolitesmedia.com. I don't know who you were talking to - Arran who does most of the support says he hadn't heard about your issue.