Fine pan and tilt

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

cvienseclairagiste

Fine pan and tilt

Postby cvienseclairagiste » 15 Dec 2017, 22:12

Hi fellow avo freaks, a simple question: how do I access fine pan and tilt for a fixture? I know that both channels fine and coarse are assigned to the same attribute but I haven’t a clue on how switch between them and I can’t find anything on the subject in all manuals and online ressources. I guess its so simple that its not even worth mentionning but this here dude just can’t find it. Thanks for your help!
niclights
The eManual

Re: Fine pan and tilt

Postby niclights » 15 Dec 2017, 23:07

'Fine' controls are usually the least significant bit of a pair of controls that are combined to provide 16bit resolution (65536 values). 16bit attributes are defined in the personality file and then handled automatically as a single control in the software. The is no way to access them individually unless they are explicitly defined as two 8bit controls in the personality file but doing so would compromise the ability to perform smooth fades and you would not normally want to do this. Where 16bit functions are defined as percentage ranges such as with pan and tilt the display range is set to two decimal places to improve the accuracy when controlling by wheel and if required you can also adjust the wheel sensitivity in user settings.