Tap tempo for rate master

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

milopowley

Tap tempo for rate master

Postby milopowley » 14 Dec 2017, 05:06

Is it possible to assign a tap tempo for a rate master? Assigning one of the playback buttons as a tap isn't working. Avolites arena 10.0
niclights
The eManual

Re: Tap tempo for rate master

Postby niclights » 14 Dec 2017, 10:33

This works if the rate master is assigned to fader but unfortunately not if it's in the playbacks window. All being well this should be fixed in the next version.
milopowley

Postby milopowley » 14 Dec 2017, 18:11

niclights wrote:This works if the rate master is assigned to fader but unfortunately not if it's in the playbacks window. All being well this should be fixed in the next version.

I have my rate masters assigned to 9and 10 on the playback faders. How do I assign the tap? To their own corresponding buttons or a separate fader/button??i feel like I've been able to do this before but for some reason I can't figure it out.
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 14 Dec 2017, 21:16

Key profiles.

I'm fairly sure that the blue key is set to tap by default but I could be wrong or of course you could be using a different profile.

There are a number of routes but usually I use Avo+[Edit Key Profile]/ ([Add Profile] if the current profile is one of the uneditable factory ones)/ <select button of type you want to change, for example the blue key of a rate master)/ [Tap Tempo].

This will set the blue (or chosen) key of the speed masters to tap tempo and switch to the new profile if relevant.
milopowley

Postby milopowley » 16 Dec 2017, 06:42

niclights wrote:Key profiles.

I'm fairly sure that the blue key is set to tap by default but I could be wrong or of course you could be using a different profile.

There are a number of routes but usually I use Avo+[Edit Key Profile]/ ([Add Profile] if the current profile is one of the uneditable factory ones)/ <select button of type you want to change, for example the blue key of a rate master)/ [Tap Tempo].

This will set the blue (or chosen) key of the speed masters to tap tempo and switch to the new profile if relevant.

You're right, it does. My mistake was that tap only affects chases but not shapes?
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 16 Dec 2017, 10:23

10.1 adds tap for shapes and many other improvements and features relating to speed control as well as other features and updates. I highly recommend upgrading if possible:

10.1 Release Notes