The show file compatibility between old version and new version on titan

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

chien0721

The show file compatibility between old version and new version on titan

Postby chien0721 » 02 Dec 2017, 08:55

I just installed Titan PC suite on my PC. What I am planing to do is to program the show with Titan simulator and Capture as visualizer at home. Then run the show in the venue with actual Pearl Expert console. I am not sure what version the simulator is, but it can load the show file from the venue’s V6.1 console I created earlier. Anything should I notice when I program at home and run the show at venue?
I know v6.1 is really old version. I’m already planing to upgrade soon, but that’s another story.

There’s another problem occurring when I use the simulator. I couldn’t switch it to system mode or run mode. Though I read the other article in forum and switch to system mode by pressing shift+alt+s, it only works from time to time. And why there’s no run mode?
niclights
The eManual

Re: The show file compatibility between old version and new version on titan

Postby niclights » 02 Dec 2017, 09:09

Showfiles are not backwards compatible so the console must be running the same or later version than the PC. Preferably they would be the same version. Run mode is no longer used.
chien0721

Postby chien0721 » 02 Dec 2017, 09:17

Is there any way to check the version of simulator? Maybe downgrade the simulator?
And how to run the show (like pressing swop, flash, or run the cuelist) with capture visualizer on PC?
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 02 Dec 2017, 10:29

You can check the version in the same way as consoles by going to the system menu (on PC right-click the Avo key and then press Disk).

You can just install the version of the simulator you need from the downloads section here. Oldest version is currently 8.0. Note that if you require the integrated Capture you will need v10.0 or later (or you can use the stand-alone Capture with any version).

I'm not sure if I understand your last question. You can adjust faders or press the flash and swop keys in the simulator the same as consoles.
chien0721

Postby chien0721 » 03 Dec 2017, 14:44

What i am trying to express is when you are operating an actual console, the blue key is used as select function and the gray key is used as palette under Program mode. And when you switch to Run mode, the blue key is used as swop and the gray is used as flash.
Since the simulator does not have Run mode, how do you simulate the show with Capture just like when you are in the venue running the show with actual console and fixture. Because I usually switch to Run mode when I run the show in the venue.
Hope you get my point.
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 03 Dec 2017, 15:40

You can change the behaviour of the buttons via key profiles.