Pearl 2004 Memory under playback faders

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

Erc

Pearl 2004 Memory under playback faders

Postby Erc » 14 Jun 2006, 15:02

Ok I on't know if I think the wrong way, but this is my problem. Yesterday we received our new Avo Pearl 2004 and we started of programming.
Everything went without any problems (easy pathing etc.!)

Now I have two movingheads and set them on colour green. I want to save this memory under one of the playback faders. If I do this and I pull up the fader, the movinghead becomes green......but when I pull down this fader, the movinghead stays green and does not "free" it's colour channel.

The "clear" problem is the same in the program mode. When I have set the movingheads to green and I exit - clear - clear , the movingheads stay green...? :?:

What am I doing wrong??

The spots I use are the Geni Oby 3 13ch

Thanks in advance!
Phil

Postby Phil » 14 Jun 2006, 15:35

This is the way the Pearl should work.

Most attributes work as LTP (Last Takes Precedence) channels, meaning that the attributes will remain at the last value they were given by any preset focus or memory until another one changes them. The alternative is for them to work as HTP (Highest Takes Precedence) where they take the highest possible value from any fader and remain there until that fader is lowered. They then reduce to the next highest value. Usually only dimmer intensity works like this.

There's a fuller explaination of HTP and LTP in the manual on the downloads site.

To return the fixtures colour channel to open/clear/white, you either need to record another memory in that state or locate your fixture (which sets it back to the default values) by pressing ML Menu and then Locate Fixture on the softkeys.
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 15 Jun 2006, 00:36

There is another way:

You can make the playback fader act as if it contains HTP information by setting it to mode 2 (Edit Times menu).
Record the green value to a Playback. Set it to mode 2. Manually change the colour channel back to zero.
Now when you raise the playback it will proportionally increase the value of the colour channel until you reach 100% (green in this case). Pulling the fader down will do the reverse.

HTH
Erc

Postby Erc » 15 Jun 2006, 17:02

niclights wrote:There is another way:

You can make the playback fader act as if it contains HTP information by setting it to mode 2 (Edit Times menu).
Record the green value to a Playback. Set it to mode 2. Manually change the colour channel back to zero.
Now when you raise the playback it will proportionally increase the value of the colour channel until you reach 100% (green in this case). Pulling the fader down will do the reverse.

HTH

Hi, I already tried this, and it doesn't seem to work.
The strange thing is that when I'm in the program mode and I set the color to green, then record it in mode 2 under a playback fader, en push clear-clear, the chanel is not released and it stays in green.....is this normal?

Thanks for the comments! :D
(iCe)

Postby (iCe) » 15 Jun 2006, 21:37

Erc wrote:

HTH

The strange thing is that when I'm in the program mode and I set the color to green, then record it in mode 2 under a playback fader, en push clear-clear, the chanel is not released and it stays in green.....is this normal?

Yes thats normal. The LTP colour value will only change when you change it some way. Deleting the contents of the programmer doesn't affect your output on these channels. The dimmer value is affected when you, for instance, use locate fixtures while your dimmers aren't at 100%. The 100% value in the programmer will be the highest output value and therefore is send to the output. When you clear the programmer, the value is gone and the highest dimmer value available will be your output.

Offcourse all of this can be found in the manual ;)
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 15 Jun 2006, 22:17

It seems you missed this:

Manually change the colour channel back to zero

;)
CoenCo

Postby CoenCo » 19 Jun 2006, 02:04

And of course, keep in mind that mode2 memories only work on "fading" channels and NOT on 'instant" channels. This option is set in the personality file or somewhere in the patch/patch_utiilties menu.
Erc

Postby Erc » 19 Jun 2006, 21:38

I'm asking this because I worked with several other desks on live gigs and normally I program some features I want to acces quickly, under my faders. So I can activate them by one single click on a flashbutton.

As I understand it right from here and the usersmanual, I now have to work with the pallets, but before I have activated a pallet I first have to select the attribute I want and then the fixtures on which I want to have them on. So it's more "work" to quickly acces effects like these.......or is there another way to quickly do this on a live show? :?:
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 19 Jun 2006, 22:36

You do not have to select fixtures or attributes depending on how you program them.

Read about Quick Palettes.
Beaker

Postby Beaker » 16 Jan 2007, 19:59

(iCe) wrote:
Erc wrote:

HTH

Yes thats normal. The LTP colour value will only change when you change it some way. Deleting the contents of the programmer doesn't affect your output on these channels. The dimmer value is affected when you, for instance, use locate fixtures while your dimmers aren't at 100%. The 100% value in the programmer will be the highest output value and therefore is send to the output. When you clear the programmer, the value is gone and the highest dimmer value available will be your output.

Offcourse all of this can be found in the manual ;)

So are you all saying that I have to "locate a fixture" everyime I want to change a look? That wont do. Let's say I'm programming a theatrical drama. I want 15 looks in the 15 playbacks. I cant simply go from playback 1 to playback 2? what am I missing?
-All of life is a learning curve.
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 16 Jan 2007, 20:59

'Locate' just places values in all attributes of selected fixtures according to personality file. As the name suggests it is just a convenient way of starting or finding a fixture (50% pan/tilt, Dimmer full etc.)

There is no reason why you should ever have to use locate. In record by channel you have full control over exactly what fixtures/attributes/values are stored and where. You just need to take time and care over what is stored to achieve desired effect/flexibility etc.
Beaker

Postby Beaker » 16 Jan 2007, 21:04

But if you store a spot with a green gobo in one playback and a nocolor spot in another, you still get screwy results from the former playback. How do you avoid this?
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 16 Jan 2007, 21:22

Erm? Define 'screwy'!

If two playbacks have colour and gobo information stored in them, both for the same fixture, then raising one will load that colour/gobo. raising the other will load the other colour/gobo. There will be no 'screwy' results! The only important thing to note is that raising the second will override the first, even if the first PB is still raised. To get the values from the first you must lower and raise it again.
Beaker

Postby Beaker » 16 Jan 2007, 21:56

Yes! Got it! My problem was a lack of clearing the programmer! As soon as I exited by useing Clear/Run/Clear, everything started behaving!
iadwm

Postby iadwm » 17 Jan 2007, 17:00

CoenCo wrote:or somewhere in the patch/patch_utiilties menu.

With the monitor plugged in ! Otherwise things will get very confusing!

Regards,

Andy
"It's the prospect of hearing something that you could never have dreamed existed"
John Peel

www.iadwm.com