Roller cue

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

watty

Roller cue

Postby watty » 13 Nov 2017, 19:55

Just wondering if there is preferred method by people with AVO experience for storing playbacks on the roller (Titan Mobile) - particularly for a busking scenario. Store playbacks by fixture group across the roller, different groups on different pages - or Store playbacks by fixture group down the pages, same channel for each group. Or, maybe something completely different.

The reasoning of any preferred methods would be very helpful.
Gregory

Re: Roller cue

Postby Gregory » 15 Nov 2017, 15:25

Ways of programming can vary greatly from person to person or depending on what kind of show it is. Personally for busking I tend to use the first 3 or 4 faders for dimmer control of different groups of fixtures, the next 3 or 4 faders for pan/tilt shapes for different groups of fixtures and the remaining faders for colour shapes, specials or speed masters. These days each dimmer fader is normally a cue list with all on, followed by various different shapes stacked up and similarly for the different pan/tilt shapes however these could be individual cues on different pages if preferred. Macro buttons are used for various shutter, strobe and blinder flashes. Specific colours, positions and gobos are normally just done from palettes in the workspace windows however I might also do a cue list of colour looks as well. If you are using palettes you can apply these with fade times and fixture overlaps (so that it changes fixtures in turn) by typing a number before applying them, setting the master times in the palette menu or using the factory macros to set the times. Where possible I tend to avoid having to switch page and have as much available on one page as possible.