Capture Visualiser

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

watty

Capture Visualiser

Postby watty » 13 Nov 2017, 10:53

When I open capture visualiser in an existing show imported from Titan One 9.1 (now on Titan Mobile 10.1) there are some very bright beams and lots of dots on the screen with no playbacks active. Is there a way of finding out what they are and/or removing them?
niclights
The eManual

Re: Capture Visualiser

Postby niclights » 13 Nov 2017, 11:32

Selecting a fixture should highlight the associated fixture in Capture but it sounds like something has patched incorrectly (most likely because the personalities in the show are not up-to-date). Try loading the show, update personalities and then open Capture.
watty

Postby watty » 13 Nov 2017, 12:49

I believe I have already tried your suggestion. I do have a query regarding personality update. If I press Patch (white button) there is not an option to (update personality) as suggested in the manual (I have looked at the 10.1 version) so I assume I go to edit fixtures and select update personality?

I then have an option of update all, however, there is a message that says "no personality updates available" - does this mean they are all up to date? I am pretty sure it always says this, even after I downloaded the latest file which modified the MS700. I think I updated that one by exchanging the fixtures. Not 100% sure on this.
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 13 Nov 2017, 16:56

For a fixture to patch automatically in Capture the relevant personality file needs to contain information that links it to the appropriate Capture fixture and the Capture fixture needs to be present in the library (by ensuring the installed library is up-to-date). Where Capture links have been added to personality files any old versions in shows that do not have this information will need to be updated.

The update personality function looks to see if there are newer versions of any currently patched fixtures in the library. This is determined by the history tag. If a personality already patched has a more recent history tag in the library it will appear as an option to update when using the update personality function. [Update All] is a shortcut to selecting the fixtures individually but if no fixtures appear then either the patched personalities are already up-to-date, the installed library is an old version or something has changed in the personality file such as the fixture or mode name preventing it from being recognised. This may be particularly relevant here as the ACME LED-MS700PE was renamed to ACME LED Move 700PE (LED-MS700PE) at the same time as adding the Capture links. So in this case you would probably need to use exchange if you had already patched a version with the old name but if you had already done this then the more recent update with colour function names will appear as an update (requires a library downloaded on 11/11/17 or later).

To simulate currently supported fixtures in a 9.1 show I would do the following:

- Download and install library
- Load 9.1 show
- Update personality (use exchange if necessary)
- Once all fixtures have been updated open the Capture window.

If this doesn't work correctly try wiping the Capture theatre in Capture Settings. If nothing appears at this point try patching a dimmer while the Capture window is open. You can also try turning off auto-update, then wipe, then turn auto-update back on.

It is also conceivable that there is a fault with one or more of the Capture files or that one or more fixtures could be linked to the wrong Capture file for some reason. In this case try patching in a new show. If it doesn't appear in Capture or appears but isn't working as expected when using the latest library then please submit a personality request or bug report respectively (except for the Chauvet Intimidator Duo of course ;) )

PS. thank you for pointing out the incorrect information in the manual. I have added a task to review the relevant sections.
watty

Postby watty » 13 Nov 2017, 19:09

So I turned off auto update and did a wipe. Turned on auto update and opened capture visualiser, It said error in capture component (or something similar). I shut down Titan, re-started and Capture is highlighting all patched fixtures white when I select them (if they have associated capture files). Havant tried all fixture channels for function, that will be the next step.
I still have the issue of two large beams and some strange looking T bars and tube like images in the capture window when opened, with or without fixtures selected. They do not appear if I load a new show and patch some fixtures in. Still cant work out where they are coming from - I assume from the imported show, question is how do I get rid of them?
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 13 Nov 2017, 20:08

If you email me the showfile I will take a look.