View palettes

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

watty

View palettes

Postby watty » 11 Nov 2017, 18:30

Why oh why can I not edit a palette colour???

Using Titan Mobile, I press window open (button above numeric keys) and the led above the palette switch does not light. If I press the palette button I am unable to get a palette view window. I have tried everything and I can't make it work.

I think I have a mistake in a saved colour handle and just can't find a way to edit it.

I searched around and it looks like a similar question was asked a long time ago but with no real answer!
watty

Re: View palettes

Postby watty » 11 Nov 2017, 18:46

OK I have found the answer. I was selecting "open Window" and the pressing the grey palette button as I thought this is what the manual instruction meant (maybe it does???).

If I select "open window" and tap the palette handle that needs editing, up pops the edit screen. Not sure if the manual is trying to say do this or not but maybe needs further clarity of explanation.

Nic, if you see this, I did have a programming error for the MS700PE with blue turning on orange. Now fixed and thanks for the colour update.
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 11 Nov 2017, 19:04

In section 6.3, Editing Palettes the manual currently says "Press <View/Open>, then the button of the palette". This makes sense to me. I can't really think of anything that could be added.

Editing the values in palette view is one way to edit a palette alhough often the fastest way is to just merge new values (place values in programmer, record, double-tap handle).
watty

Postby watty » 12 Nov 2017, 15:13

Without wanting to get too pedantic....... The hard copy manual that came with my Titan Mobile (Titian Mobile and Titan One Operators Manual Version 10) which I received about a month ago, refers to editing palettes in section 5.3.1. it says (I quote) Press Window Open, then the palette button. The palette view window will open.

I would say that is a bit confusing given there is a grey physical button labelled palette. This is assuming the correct procedure is to press a palette button (handle?) within a palette window.

As you mentioned section 6.3 and a differently worded instruction, have I got an out of date manual? If I am using an out of date manual I can see this might lead to some confusion.

Thanks for the tip about merging new values - all help is much appreciated. The main reason I wanted to look at the values stored in the colour palette was to try and work out why a blue palette button was turning on orange.
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 12 Nov 2017, 16:14

watty wrote:As you mentioned section 6.3 and a differently worded instruction, have I got an out of date manual? If I am using an out of date manual I can see this might lead to some confusion.
Yes. The manual was significantly overhauled as part of v10.1 and is now unified across the range. You can find the latest version in the downloads section of the website.