Record : Fixture Mask

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

Mars3110

Record : Fixture Mask

Postby Mars3110 » 06 Nov 2017, 19:55

Hi all,

Just thought about something and not sure if it's possible to do it in Titan (V10.1)… :?:

Let's say I create a whole look, with intensity, positions, colours, gobos, etc. And I have one colour on my LED PAR and another one on my moving lights.
And when I'm happy with that, before recording all of this into a playback, I want to record one palette for the LED PAR colour and another one for the moving lights colour to be able to keep these colours for later (and to update cues easily). How can I do this without having to clear a part of my look ?
In other words, how to filter which fixtures are recorded in a palette or a playback ? I'm looking for something like the "Set Mask" softkey but for fixtures instead of attributes.
Gregory

Re: Record : Fixture Mask

Postby Gregory » 07 Nov 2017, 19:13

On option might be to enter Blind mode, touch the attributes for the desired fixtures and record your palette from there. Another option would be to record a palette that contains colour information for both sets of fixtures, clear the programmer and select one set of fixtures, then apply the palette and then record a new palette (which will only have those fixtures in). You can then repeat this for the other fixtures. Note that with nested palettes by default the second palette would reference the first so if the first is updated so will the second however not the other way around. Deleting a palette which is referenced will break the link but the palettes (and playbacks) that used it will retain their values.
Mars3110

Re: Record : Fixture Mask

Postby Mars3110 » 07 Nov 2017, 20:03

Thanks for the reply !

Definitely didn't think to use Blind mode. Not a bad idea.

It would be nice to add an option in the Record Softkey menu to choose between record all "recordable" fixtures or only the selected ones. Exactly the same option that stays in the Clear options (All or Selected Fixtures).