Which group used/linked to a cue

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

jgavo

Which group used/linked to a cue

Postby jgavo » 20 Oct 2017, 15:09

I've been using multiple groups with different fixture orders to get different shape effects.

When that's saved in to a cue what's the easiest to discover exactly which group was used ? I can use View Cue and it will give me a numeric listing of the fixture order, but not tell me which group is referenced. If I include the cue then all groups containing the set of fixtures in the cue are lit so can't tell which one. Am I missing something ?!

Thanks,
John.
niclights
The eManual

Re: Which group used/linked to a cue

Postby niclights » 20 Oct 2017, 16:23

This is an area I think could certainly be improved.

One way I found is to run the cue, go to [Shapes And Effects]/[Shape Generator]/[Edit]/<toggle shapes so that only one is highlighted>/<enter>/[Edit Fixtures/Groups]/[Edit Groups]

At this point the related group is shown on the softkeys although it is not selected (the latter I would suggest is wrong. I also found that choosing to edit the fixture order at this point can also select the wrong group).

This works whether the shape is normal or keyframe and does at least provide a way to see the linked group but it does feel very cumbersome and it is not necessarily obvious which shape you are selecting to edit so you might also have to temporarily change the speed or similar to identify.