Thining out fixture library

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

Patrick Scott

Thining out fixture library

Postby Patrick Scott » 02 Oct 2017, 00:40

Hi this is my first post here

searched the forum & didn't find what I was looking for.

IJust recently updated the fixture library again (disc A & B) & noticed it took a lot longer for the console to decompress some manufacturers (for example Elation went fron around 280 to 570 devices) is there a way to permanently delete fixtures or entire manufacturers folders from the main fixture library on an Avolite Pearl 2008 & tiger (non-touch).

I find having to scroll threw hundreds of devices or manufaturers that we will never use or are obsolete in this area is pointless & would probably speed up the console.

Thank you
Gregory

Re: Thining out fixture library

Postby Gregory » 03 Oct 2017, 12:08

As the personality files for each fixture (and for each mode) are stored as separate R20 files on the USB memory stick there is no problem either removing individual files or a whole manufacturer folder. This applies to both external USB sticks that you plug into the console and the USB stick fitted internally. If you choose to you can extract both 2008 installers to your computer first, remove any fixtures and manufacturers that you don't want and then copy the remaining folder structure to the USB stick. Note that the files must be in the correct folder structure otherwise the console will not detect them. If you have the individual R20 files that you need you can use the Copy2008 utility to copy them to the correct folder structure on a USB stick.