Recording Palettes from DMX output

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

Quidam

Recording Palettes from DMX output

Postby Quidam » 28 Sep 2017, 12:05

Hi,

Here's an interesting idea applicable on other systems (MA, Chamsys) but which is, if I'm not mistaken, not possible on Titan for the moment :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBlyK-JbLQU

Too long, didn't watch : the guy is creating positions palettes in minutes by applying a pan-tilt fx/shape on a very basic position (say, all movers on tilt 30%), stopping the fx with a speed/rate master, then recording the P/T dmx output values in a position palette.

As I suspected, trying to do the same in Titan results either in an empty position palette (when trying to 'snapshot' the running shape without P/T info in the programmer) or, of course, a palette containing the base position on which the shape is applied.
Stage recording doesn't do it either (and of course FX palette is not the point here) and I perfectly understand why this is the preferable default behaviour but, as you can see in the video, a 'true' output recording mode can come in handy.

So, is there a way to record the raw DMX output values in a palette or a cue ?
If not, I guess that's a proper feature request :)

Thanks,

Charles
Gregory

Re: Recording Palettes from DMX output

Postby Gregory » 28 Sep 2017, 14:03

No, there is no function to record the raw DMX values. Effectively cues and palettes record the values displayed on the wheels and shape offsets get applied after that.