Titan V6 upgrade questions

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

chien0721

Titan V6 upgrade questions

Postby chien0721 » 28 Sep 2017, 07:47

Hi guys,
The venue I work is using Pearl Expert with titan V6, which is pretty old version I know. I’m considering to upgrade it to V9 at least.
I have watched a YouTube video (https://youtu.be/8E_bgXhUdd0) about upgrading details, but I’m not sure whether it would be the same steps to upgrade pearl expert.
And there are some restrictions set by my supervisor since it’s company property. If possible, he wants to know whether it could be recovered since our recovery USB is missing accidentally. And if possible, I don’t want to replace the original hard disk with the SSD since my company is not willing to provide any money. But I will still buy one if it’s really necessary.
It would be great if any one can provide upgrade steps for dummies like me lol. I seriously don’t understand what bios means....
Thanks a lot!
Gregory

Re: Titan V6 upgrade questions

Postby Gregory » 28 Sep 2017, 12:29

The video you mentioned is for users upgrading to version 6 from previous versions (e.g. v5), if your console is already on version 6 then these steps should have already been carried out. An SSD is not a requirement for v9 however would be highly recommended as would having at least 2GB of memory (RAM) installed, if you have less memory you may want to upgrade to v8.1 instead. Version 10 will require Pro upgrade including motherboard, UPS, SSD and 4GB RAM. You can create recovery USB sticks using the installers from our website however we do not provide these for version 6. Recent versions require the software to be licensed by submitting a request via our website. The whole process should not take very long however we would suggest you do it during UK office hours in case you need support and allow a couple of days until the console is next required so there is time to fix any problems should they occur.