Playback Master / Group Master vs. Dim Chase

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

greyhound0815

Playback Master / Group Master vs. Dim Chase

Postby greyhound0815 » 12 Sep 2017, 21:11

Hello everyone

Hope your doing well out there...

I Hope im in the Right Area of the Forum... Sry if not, just move me to the right spot.

My Issue:

Scenario 1:

I Programm a "Normal" Playback Master (Dimmer 100% Record to Fader (Fade Mode 2)) this works fine, until i run a Dim effect. If the fader is on 0 the effect still shows up.

To fix this i tried to Create a Group Master (Scale Master)

Scenario 2:

I Programm a Group Master (Copy the Fixtures to a Fader). The Fader is on 0% the dimmer is 0%. If the Fader is on 100% the Dimmer stays on 0%! if I run the Dim effect, it only shows up when the fader is on 100% (one Problem solved :))
So i ended up to program a Playback witch includes all Fixtures Set to 100% Dimmer. This Playback must be activated the whole time so i can use the Group Master as a actual "Main Master/Dimmer Master"

that leads to my question:

Is the workaround with the "100% playback" the only possibility to crate a Master like i described. Or are there other possibilities to crate a master wich also blocks dimmer effects?

And how are you guys handling the whole master Thing? Some Workflow reports would be nice :)

Thxs for all the Answer and help
niclights
The eManual

Re: Playback Master / Group Master vs. Dim Chase

Postby niclights » 12 Sep 2017, 22:07

I'm not sure if I fully understand what you want to achieve. I think some of the terminology you have used might be misleading.

However, I will try and help with some pointers:

- If you want to be able to adjust the intensity of a dimmer shape in a single playback you can set the Shape Size to 'HTP Fader' or 'Fader' in [Playback Options]/[Effects]. ('HTP Fader' will only affect dimmer shapes and is useful if the playback also contains other types of shape)
    - If you want to proportionally adjust the intensity of more than one fixture independently of the playback you can use a Scale Master (group). This will adjust dimmer values and dimmer shapes but will affect the intensity of all fixtures in the group.
    - If you want to adjust the intensity of dimmer shapes independently of the playback you could use a size master. This might be useful if scale masters are unsuitable.
    - Block shapes can be used to stop shapes. These are mostly useful for temporary blocks - for example as momentary solos.
    - Generally I would not recommend using mode 2 at all in any of these scenarios. Since its introduction long ago the separate 'Size on Fader' playback option is more appropriate. Mode 2 can be used to adjust LTP controls by fader. Certainly you should avoid combining both.

Does that help answer your question?

If not it might be useful to clarify what you are trying to do. For example 'Dim Chase' in the title normally refers to a chase (as opposed to a cue/ cuelist or shape/ key frame shape etc.) whereas 'Effect' could be a shape, key frame shape or pixel map effect and in some cases it may be significant which one. Similarly, 'Copy Fixtures to a Fader' suggests patching (or copy/move) a fixture handle to a playback fader - this is not the same as a group master. A group master is a group that has been recorded to (or copied/moved to) a playback fader. Lastly, a 'Playback Master' is a master that affects the intensity of all running playbacks.
greyhound0815

Postby greyhound0815 » 19 Apr 2018, 09:34

Hello Everyone

Thanks a lot for your extensive answer.
I'm sorry for my confusing questions. I will try to clarify my problem. In Fact the whole thing thing came down to this:

Im using Scale Masters now and this works fine exept for the Key Profiles... If im Correct its not possible to do any other function then "select (group)" or "disabled" right?

Is there any workarround to put another function on these buttons evt. with a macro ect...?

If Not, what would you recommend to do, if i want to flash or swop every single master? And i can't take Rate master or similar, because there are just 4 available but i need 5-10 individual master Fader...

I Hope this request is a bit better then the last one :roll:
kimwida

Postby kimwida » 19 Apr 2018, 19:13

This macro set scale master to 0% which is located in 4th fader.
You can edit second parameter to select fader.
For example 2nd fader : Group.SetGroupFaderLevel("Playbacks",1, 0.0, 1.0)

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<avolites.macros>
  <macro id="Set_Group_Master_To_Zero">
    <name>Set Group Master To Zero</name>
        <sequence>
      <step pause="0.01">Group.SetGroupFaderLevel("Playbacks",3, 0.0, 1.0)</step>
        </sequence>
  </macro>
</avolites.macros>

This macro set scale master to 100% which is located in 4th fader.

<avolites.macros>
  <macro id="Set_Group_Master_To_Full">
    <name>Set Group Master To Full</name>
       <sequence>
      <step pause="0.01">Group.SetGroupFaderLevel("Playbacks",3, 1.0, 1.0)</step>
       </sequence>
  </macro>
</avolites.macros>

You should these macros with "scale 0 to 100%" setting of the scale master.

When you feel something mess up, use this macro.

<avolites.macros>
  <macro id="Reset_Group_Master">
    <name>Reset Group Master</name>
        <sequence>
      <step pause="0.01">Group.ResetAllMasters()</step>
   </sequence>
  </macro>
</avolites.macros>