Upgrade to the Pro version possibility

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

nishrigo

Upgrade to the Pro version possibility

Postby nishrigo » 06 Sep 2017, 07:18

I have a couple of questions -
1. Is it possible to get a replacement keyboard (and trackpad) for a Pearl Expert - running the Titan 9.1 OS?
2. Is it possible to have a hardware upgrade done to the Classic Pearl Expert in order to take it to the Pro upgrade, and support Titan 10.1?
riscster

Re: Upgrade to the Pro version possibility

Postby riscster » 08 Sep 2017, 10:30

I believe both of these are possible. Contact your local distributor for pricing and availability.
riscster

Postby riscster » 08 Sep 2017, 10:34

Having said that, the Expert design is getting pretty old now, you might find you get a better Titan experience in the long run upgrading to a Tiger Touch II or an Arena. They have the screen and the button layout that make a lot more sense with the latest software.
nishrigo

Postby nishrigo » 08 Sep 2017, 10:46

riscster wrote:Having said that, the Expert design is getting pretty old now, you might find you get a better Titan experience in the long run upgrading to a Tiger Touch II or an Arena. They have the screen and the button layout that make a lot more sense with the latest software.

I subscribe to your suggestion, but it's just that the console is with a rental house, and the people who generally rent the console want their faders. So trying to get an upgrade on the hardware might be the best way to go about it. Moreover, I did not like the Pearl Expert Pro consoles (I hated the fact that there is no TRUE run mode in them any more).
riscster

Postby riscster » 08 Sep 2017, 11:02

Yeah but you'll notice Avolites don't make the Expert anymore. My guess would be support for it will be less and less in future software updates. The Arena has plenty of faders :-)
clublights

Postby clublights » 18 Sep 2017, 21:37

The Keyboard and Trackpad are still on my price list so I assume they are still available ... but contact the distributor for your country.

As far as i know any pearl expert can be upgraded to the pro standard .

Again contact your distributor for price and availability .