Dimmer latency

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

Peri_95

Dimmer latency

Postby Peri_95 » 08 Aug 2017, 16:11

Hello community,

I don't know what could cause the problem here, but I had a really weird problem (I was using Tiger touch 2).

Par64 cans, as well as halogen Blinders had a latency sometimes and sometimes they've acted like they've completely lost DMX, but this problem somehow fixes itself alone. Also, one of six blinders was always late in turning on and off, as well as dimming.

I couldn't figure out what was causing the problem and the LD from one band was also using our equipment, but on his ChamSys console. This blinder was also late even on a different console.

So, I don't know if this topic should be posted here, but I don't know what is causing the problem.

Could it be the Artnet node?
It's weird cause the fixtures above address 12 (approximatelly) on dimmers had a latency, but whole other intelligent lighting acted completely ok (regardless of the address).

Because I don't have much experience with artnet in general, what do you people think, what was causing this problem(it was behaving the same on both consoles, so I don't think that it's because of the Tiger Touch)?

Best regards,
Peri_95

P.S.
Because I've noticed this problem even before, I've tried connecting the console directly to the dimmer(over physical output) and I didn't have a problem. Also I wasn't using the terminator on the end of the line(in the dimmer), but we've never had a problem because of it and this lines were not long at all.
niclights
The eManual

Re: Dimmer latency

Postby niclights » 08 Aug 2017, 16:36

I think you have already answered your question - if it happens with two different consoles but not when the Artnet node is bypassed then it sounds like it must be related to the node somehow. What make/model is it?
Peri_95

Postby Peri_95 » 08 Aug 2017, 17:38

Well. It's unbranded Chinese node, but yeah. It gotta be that then. Thanks for the answer.

Best regards,
Peri_95
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 08 Aug 2017, 17:49

You could try enabling 'Legacy Mode' in DMX Settings/Art-Net node properties and see if that helps.
Peri_95

Postby Peri_95 » 08 Aug 2017, 22:22

Alright. I'll try that out next time. Thanks, niclights

Best regards,
Peri_95
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 09 Aug 2017, 11:04

Hi,

It has been pointed out to me that this option was added to solve a problem for a very specific device and is not recommended when using any other devices. Apologies for any inconvenience.

Have you tried different cabling?