Time code constantly refire autoloaded ques

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

AndreH

Time code constantly refire autoloaded ques

Postby AndreH » 11 Jul 2017, 08:59

Hi all

So I have almost pulled out my hair with this one, but I think this might be me :lol:

So here is my setup:

I have got 2 cue list, lets call it my MAIN cue list (with Time code) and then there is an AUTOLOAD cue list with a few Memory's (playbacks)

In my Main cue list there is something like this:

Cue 1 is BLANK, but it auto load for example playback 1 and fires at a time(lets call it 00:00:01:00)
Cue 2 is BLANK, but is auto load the below cue list and fires at 00:00:10:00
Cue 3 is also BLANK, but auto load another playback at 00:00:20:00

In my AUTOLOAD cuelist there is something like this:

Cue 1, wait for go
Cue 2, Link after previous with some an delay time of 1 seconds
Cue 3, Link after previous with some an delay time of 1 seconds
Cue 4, Link after previous with some an delay time of 1 seconds

So the problem I am experiencing is that the above setup works semi ok, but when I get to cue 2 in my Main cue list with Timecode, my AUTOLOAD cuelist will fire a few times (i have counted that it sometimes fires 5 times but this is random). If I don't use Timecode, and fire my Main cue list via the go button, then it works PERFECTLY. Only when I use timecode it will fire a few times. I have the showfile that I can send someone at Avo to explain to me what I might be doing wrong, it always fire a few times and this "few times" is always random
AndreH

Re: Time code constantly refire autoloaded ques

Postby AndreH » 11 Jul 2017, 09:00

What I am trying to achieve is firing a Cue list "within" a cue list
Gregory

Postby Gregory » 11 Jul 2017, 18:53

I tried recreating what you described from a new show and the autoloaded cue list only appears to fire once. I was using the Internal timecode source and the Goto Cue 1 autoload action for the cue list (Load for the individual cues). Is this the same as in your show? What software version are you running?
AndreH

Postby AndreH » 29 Sep 2017, 09:38

I have been using V10 on this one, however I did established that Winamp was the fault here. I still don't know why. but when I used midi time code and all was working 100%.... winamp is awesome, but the communication between Avo and Nulsoft needs to sharpen a bit
Gregory

Postby Gregory » 03 Oct 2017, 12:20

When the current time is requested from Winamp, this can jump around slightly which means that time can appear to go backwards. Although the variance is normally less than 100ms this is enough for Titan to treat it as a jump and therefore try and catch up by putting the current cue to full, which will retrigger any autoloads. This problem is specific to Winamp and does not affect any other timecode source so Internal, MIDI, SMPTE and Clock will be fine.