Avolites and artnet connection with Realizzer 3D

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

Peri_95

Avolites and artnet connection with Realizzer 3D

Postby Peri_95 » 10 Jul 2017, 01:41

Hello community,

I've figured it out how to connect Titan simulator with the Realizzer 3D (lighting simulation) on another computer over a network cable and it works good, but a bit laggy.
Do you guys know how could I lower the latency. Should I use the Artnet node? Would that help?

Thanks and best regards,
Peri_95
riscster

Re: Avolites and artnet connection with Realizzer 3D

Postby riscster » 10 Jul 2017, 08:55

Typically the latency of ArtNet is very low so that probably isn't the issue. Are you using a switch between the two computers? That might improve things otherwise check the FPS of the visualiser, if it's running at less than 30 FPS it will look laggy, try turning the quality options down or making the window smaller.
Peri_95

Postby Peri_95 » 11 Jul 2017, 00:19

Hello ricster,

I've connected two computer over a switch to see if it would fix the problem. There is still this boring latency.
It's surely the connection between the two computers, but I don't know what exactly and how to fix it. Also, FPS is normal (around 32). It doesn't drop and when I used the Titan Simulator and Realizzer on the same computer it worked like a charm. I am using two computers now cause it's a lot easier. It's not so bad, but if there is a way to speed it up, it would be good.

Best regards and thanks,
Peri_95
Gregory

Postby Gregory » 11 Jul 2017, 19:47

If you have any old Art-Net outputs assigned it may be worth clearing all your DMX settings by pressing the cross in the top right-hand corner and then assigning what is required for the current configuration.
Peri_95

Postby Peri_95 » 18 Jul 2017, 13:35

Hello Gregory,

It's functioning ok now(maybe it was the angle that used too much GPU in the simulation). Thank you for the advice anyways.

Best regards,
Peri_95