Timed Flash and Fade times interaction ?

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

jgavo

Timed Flash and Fade times interaction ?

Postby jgavo » 10 Jul 2017, 00:22

I'd like to achieve the following but I'm getting an unexpected (to me !) interaction of fade time and flash time:
1. When manually fading down an intensity on a fader I want a fade out time of 0.5s
2. When the fader is not zero and I hit the flash button I want to snap to full intensity and fade back to the current fader level in 0.5s
3. When the fader is at zero and I hit the flash button I want to snap to full and then fade back to zero in 0.5s

If I use the normal flash profile with a fade out time of 0.5s then 1 and 2 work but 3 doesn't.
If I use the timed flash profile and set a fade out time of 0.5s then 1. and 3 work but 2 doesn't - it snaps to full on, then fades to zero intensity over 0.5s then snaps back to the current fader level. This is visually very distracting !

Have I missed something or is this expected behaviour ?
riscster

Re: Timed Flash and Fade times interaction ?

Postby riscster » 10 Jul 2017, 08:58

What version of software are you using? In the latest version there are separate Flash in and out times in addition to the playback fade in and out times. That might help you achieve what you want.
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 10 Jul 2017, 10:17

Unfortunately I think this may be a bug. Without flash times set then it fades out to zero and then snaps back to the current level. If a flash out time is set then it snaps off, waits for the fade out time and then snaps to current level.
jgavo

Postby jgavo » 10 Jul 2017, 11:08

This is on 10.1/titan mobile.

niclights wrote: If a flash out time is set then it snaps off, waits for the fade out time and then snaps to current level.

That's not quite what I see - with flash out time set and non-zero intensity on the fader I get a snap up to max, fade down in htp level to zero over the flash fade out time, then a snap back to the current fader level. It looks like htp values set by the fader are being ignored until the flash fade out time has ended.
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 10 Jul 2017, 11:28

My wording might be confusing.

Assuming the key profile is set to flash with times, setting a fade out time on the playback results in the behaviour you describe. However, if you set a 'Flash Fade Out' time via the [Flash Times] menu then it behaves differently when I test. In either case it's wrong.
jgavo

Postby jgavo » 10 Jul 2017, 11:47

ah, ok. Thanks for following up. I assume that you'll do-the-do on getting it on the bug list.
John.
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 10 Jul 2017, 11:59

I have entered it into the system!