several programming questions

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

chien0721

several programming questions

Postby chien0721 » 06 Jul 2017, 19:43

I am using a Pearl Expert console with titan software inside and have encountered several questions during the programming.

When I press "clear", all value of fixture would be deactived but remain the same value as latest given number. But if I want to active certain attributes with the value I just deactivated, for instance, colour and pan, tilt, is there anyway to active them without scrolling the wheel or type numbers? The reason is because I don't want to mess up the values I just deactivated and neither do I want to memorise those numbers and re-type them.

When I using the shape generator and generate a "dimmer saw" for example and save it as a playback, is there a way to change its rate, phase, speed after i already save it? Cause for now, I would delete it and make a new one instead, but it's really time-consuming.

I know the speed of chase can be adjusted by using wheel during the Run Mode. However, what I want to do is to make the chase change its speed from original given number to a new number, for instance, 130 bpm to 350 bpm within a certain given time which is kind like "fade in/out" logic. One of the point need to be mentioned is that I don't want to restart the chase. It's more like a fastening scene. Is there any way to do so?

How to set timed fade in and timed faded fade out flash/swop?

thank you guys so much!
niclights
The eManual

Re: several programming questions

Postby niclights » 06 Jul 2017, 20:20

If you have an Expert Wing touching on the value in the centre of the touch wheel display will open a softkey menu where there is a [Touch] option which will bring assocaited values into the programmer (on other consoles this can be accessed by the wheel @ buttons but unfortunately the Expert hardware predated this function). Alternatively you can toggle functions in/out of the programmer by clicking on them in Attribute Editor.

If you are using Titan v10.0 or later you can connect to live shapes. To do this press [Shapes and Effects]/ [Shape Generator]/ [Edit] (on other consoles you can use CONNECT/SHAPE but unfortunately the Expert does not have a dedicated Shape key). You can then toggle any available shapes to edit (all are selected by default) - 'Cue' is shown above any shapes coming from playbacks and 'Programmer' for any in the programmer. Press <enter> to confirm the selection. Changing any parameters of shapes in playbacks are permanent.

If you have an earlier version of Titan the usual way to go about this would be to include the playback, edit as required and then replace the cue.

Currently there is no way to automate this over a specific time but one option might be to assign a rate master which you can use to proportionally increase or decrease the speeds of any associated chases by adjusting the fader level.

There is a key profile option to 'Flash with Times' although I don't think this works with swop.
chien0721

Postby chien0721 » 07 Jul 2017, 03:03

thanks man!

About question 3, can you tell me more about how to assign rate (speed?) on the fader?

Actually I came up with an idea the other day by using macros but it didn't work eventually. I think there might be some errors in the steps I set up.
Here's the step:

- Write a chase and record it on page 1 no.20 fader
- Set the chase speed to 130 bpm
- Press Macro
- Record macro with real time mode
- Press Edit Times
- Select the chase just wrote and set the speed to 350 bpm
- Press Exit
- Press Macro again to save the marco
- Record another macro with same logic but this time set the chase speed back to 130 bpm, so there would be two different speed marcos to use.

Basically, this is the way I came up with to solve this problem, but there is one part I do it differently. Instead of entering the certain speed value in Edit Times, I used the wheel on the console to change the speed directly. Therefore, after I press the marco, nothing happens. I wonder whether that's the step I do wrong.
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 07 Jul 2017, 09:33

To assign a rate master on an Expert:

- System/[Assign Masters]
- [Rate]
- [Rate 1 Master]
- <select empty playback fader>

To assign a chase to use rate 1 master as a speed source:

- [Playback Options]/ <select chase handle>
- Find [Speed Source] and change it to [Rate 1 Master]

Note that by default the scale of the rate master is set to 0-200%. You can adjust this by [Playback Options]/<select speed master handle>

Regarding your macro I thought you were looking for a way to gradually increase/decrease the speed which is why I suggested rate master on a playback. But if you just want to go directly to a new speed then you might be better using a BPM master instead where you can input speeds in BPM numerically.

For example (with a BPM master assigned/selected as speed source instead of rate):

- Record Macro/ <select empty macro handle>
- <input value> (ie. 350)
- <select BPM master handle>
- Finish recording macro

(repeat for 130 BPM)

Note that there is a selectable scale for BPM masters just like rate masters and this will limit the maximum speed. If you need a higher speed increase the scale via playback options (these currently are shown as percentage but are actually BPM).

(In all these examples I am assuming you are using at least v9.1 unless specified otherwise)
chien0721

Postby chien0721 » 29 Oct 2017, 01:42

niclights wrote:2.

If you are using Titan v10.0 or later you can connect to live shapes. To do this press [Shapes and Effects]/ [Shape Generator]/ [Edit] (on other consoles you can use CONNECT/SHAPE but unfortunately the Expert does not have a dedicated Shape key). You can then toggle any available shapes to edit (all are selected by default) - 'Cue' is shown above any shapes coming from playbacks and 'Programmer' for any in the programmer. Press <enter> to confirm the selection. Changing any parameters of shapes in playbacks are permanent.

Sorry about this, but I you might misunderstood my words slightly.
The way you mentioned is the adjustment you can make when you are trying to create a shape.
But what I am wondering is when you save the effect or shape as a playback and hit clear and exit buttons, could it be possible to edit the speed and spread value after the previous step I just mentioned?

The steps would be like this,

> select several LED PARs.
> press [shapes and effects]
> press [shape generator]
> press [create]
> press [dimmer]
> press [dimmer saw]
> adjust speed to 2.5s
> adjust rate to 80%
> adjust spread to 4
> press [record a cue] and save it on the console
> press [clear] and [exit]

after I finished these steps, is there any way to set speed, rate, and fixture spread with a new value if I want to make adjustments?
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 29 Oct 2017, 08:31

Yes. The steps I detailed are for adjusting shape parameters after they have been recorded. Just fire the playback(s) containing the shapes and then follow the steps.