Using external console to control playbacks

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

Peri_95

Using external console to control playbacks

Postby Peri_95 » 29 Jun 2017, 23:23

Hello community,

I see that MIDI connection is completely supported(with "learn" too), but I don't know if it's possible to do the following:

I want to make a few playbacks for certain Fixed spot fixtures(for front lights, to light up the musicians), but if I am going to use them on the faders I'll lose faders for this thing instead for busking some other things or having a Cue lists on them.

Is it possible to control unsigned playbacks with external MIDI console(or with DMX in), so I can dim the lights or put them on 100%/0%. Or if not unsigned, then normal playbacks that already exist on some faders (but on the page that is not currently called out on the console).

If there is some other way to do this (except buying a fader wing, cause it can't be delivered that quick before the festival that I have to make lights for), can you explain it to me?

I hope that you understood me.

Thank you and best regards,
Peri_95
Gregory

Re: Using external console to control playbacks

Postby Gregory » 30 Jun 2017, 12:05

Yes, this a normal way to use triggers. You can record your cues to the Playbacks window and with the Trigger Type set to Item you can use an Action such as Set Level to control the level of the cue based on the trigger level. With the trigger type of item you can move the cue to any handle or unassign it as the trigger is linked to the item itself and not the place it is recorded to.
Peri_95

Postby Peri_95 » 30 Jun 2017, 14:04

Hello Gregory,

Really good,
Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Peri_95
Peri_95

Postby Peri_95 » 19 Jul 2017, 12:17

Hello Gregory, again,

For some reason the "Set Level" doesn't work. I've tried many different devices for MIDI control and neither of them worked for that option. Flash and similar work but this one (and the most important one) doesn't. Is that a bug in the version 9.1 maybe?

The way I do it:
I select the playback to trigger in the playback window, select "Item" as trigger type, "Set Level" as Action, move a fader with the learn on function on the external console(the level shows itself on the Tiger touch). Command is "Control Change", automatically selected.
As I understood it, this should work, but it doesn't on neither of the MIDI devices that I tried(I even tried two of my keyboards(Kurzweil SP88 and PC361 if that matters at all)).

Best regards,
Peri_95
Peri_95

Postby Peri_95 » 19 Jul 2017, 14:08

Hello community,

The situation about this is very urgent. If someone could help me quickly I would be really thankful.

Best regards,
Peri_95

P.S.
I tried DMX input triggering too. It looks like it doesn't get the signal at all. I made a male to male DMX cable (1-1, 2-2, 3-3) and connected the output on the Tiger touch (which I selected later) with the external console.
Gregory

Postby Gregory » 19 Jul 2017, 18:55

Unfortunately there was a bug in v9.1 which meant that the Set Level action did not work, this was fixed in v10.0.
danhoff

Postby danhoff » 31 Jul 2017, 05:25

Glad to hear that bug was squashed - does this mean that rate and BPM masters (even if assigned to a handle on the not-currently-active page) can now be controlled via triggers?
....if only there was USB-MIDI support.... 8)
Gregory

Postby Gregory » 31 Jul 2017, 11:24

Sorry, no, we have not added either of those features.