Returning to default Values

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

gringo569

Returning to default Values

Postby gringo569 » 08 Jun 2017, 15:49

Hi
When I'm programming i want my Grey flash keys to have strobes etc. on them. so i can flash the strobes. i want them to release as soon as i release the flash key.
On chamsys this is done be releasing all fixtures to default vales when not in use.
Is it possible to do this on avolites? which will stop the latching effect.
I want all my channels when not in use to return to there default values.

Thanks
niclights
The eManual

Re: Returning to default Values

Postby niclights » 08 Jun 2017, 16:23

Yes. If you want it to happen for all playbacks you can set the global release mask to include intensity (RELEASE/Global Release Mask]/[Intensity Include]). Any playbacks with release mask set to 'Global' (default) will then follow this. Alternatively you can set individually per playback via [Playback Options]/<select playback handle>/press the intensity attribute bank button to toggle intensity release include/exclude. You will probably also want to change the release time to 0 sec so that this is instantaneous, either in the global master release time or per playback as required.
Gregory

Postby Gregory » 08 Jun 2017, 16:29

Another alternative is to set the cue to Mode 2: Fade to Fader in the Edit Times menu. This means that the fader level (if the playback is assigned to a fader) will adjust the strobe rate which may be useful to you.
gringo569

Postby gringo569 » 09 Jun 2017, 14:48

Great thanks
i am still having the same issue though
when i press my flash key and then release it its not releasing the playback values so the lights continue to strobe until i raise the fader up and down. This is fine on the fader and acts how it should just not on the grey flash key.

Thanks
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 09 Jun 2017, 15:14

Which method are you using (global release intensity, local release intensity or mode 2) and which version of software?

Check that the grey key profile action for that type of playback is set to flash and not latch.
gringo569

Postby gringo569 » 09 Jun 2017, 15:38

I've tried both the global release and the local release still no joy.
its strange because it doesn't do this on the fader only the flash key.
and I've checked key profiles which are correct.
Also is there a way so that when i clear the programmer all fixtures return to their default values, they are currently staying at their last known values.
riscster

Postby riscster » 09 Jun 2017, 15:49

If you hold down clear there is a softkey Clear Options button. Then toggle 'Freeze Current Values' to 'Release to playback values'. I think it's also in User Settings under 'Clear'.
Simon
Site Admin

Postby Simon » 09 Jun 2017, 16:45

There is currently a bug where the global release mask does not work with flash or swop. We hope to fix this in the next release. You should however be able to set the local cue release mask and have the values revert back (Playback Options->[cue]->Release->Release Mask, Set mask source to local and enable the group you want to release). It may be easier to just use mode 2 however as Greg suggested as release is built in to this.
Also make sure you have your 'release to home' setting enabled if there are no playback values to go back to.
Avolites Software Team