BPM1 master error - "sticking" at low values

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

jgavo

BPM1 master error - "sticking" at low values

Postby jgavo » 31 May 2017, 21:00

I have a very odd error on a BPM1 master.

The BPM1 master controlling a bunch of dimmer and zoom shapes is suddenly restricted to very low random values (e.g. 3 or 8 or 14 bpm), having behaved normally and with no programming changes.

- If I raise the fader it will only go to these low values. There is no smooth increase from 0, it will go to that low value and stick.
- If I start USB Expert Console 6.4 while the show is running and move the fader I can see smooth increases/decreases in values from 0-255 and down.
- If I copy the BPM Master to another fader even on a different wing it behaves exactly the same once it's in this state.
- If I Flash it the value will go to e.g. 360bpm and then go back to where the fader position is (e.g. half-way it will go back to ~180bpm) but then lowering the fader further causes nothing to happen until it hits zero, it then goes to 0 bpm.
- The BPM2 master controlling other elements e.g. position shapes continues to work normally.
- If I save the show with the Master in this state and restart the show the master is ok.
- All other faders behave fine.
- If I delete the BPM1 Master and recreate it it is fine but then the problem re-occurs.

The showfile was initially created on v9.1, imported to 10.0 and then to 10.1 but the initial file used a rate master, so I think the bpm master is new in this 10.1 showfile.
System is Titan Mobile 10.1 with a wing running on Win7sp1 with all patches.

It's happened three times - twice in shows and once as I've been trying to recreate the problem. I can't though make it happen to order.
Happy to send showfile along if that helps.

Any ideas ? Anyone seen anything similar ?

If I have to rebuild the show from scratch I will if there's a good chance that will fix it.
riscster

Re: BPM1 master error - "sticking" at low values

Postby riscster » 01 Jun 2017, 08:53

If you can make it go wrong again there are a few things you could try to see if it fixes it, that might help diagnose the problem.
- Try tap tempo to see if that jolts it back
- Try Release -> Master to release it back to defaults
- Try cycling through the scale options (Playback options -> Select master)
- Try cycling through multipliers
- Try switching between multiplier and BPM on fader.

If it is a bug I don't think rebuilding the show will help, sorry.
jgavo

Re: BPM1 master error - "sticking" at low values

Postby jgavo » 03 Jun 2017, 13:59

Thanks for the reply and ideas. Managed to make it happen a couple more times but still not to order.

Releasing the master works - sets it back to 60bpm and then values are updated correctly as fader moves.
Tap tempo worked but not first time. Took a couple of goes but then it did work.