Show file doesn't load on Titan Mobile Startup

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

JonnyBeardLighting

Show file doesn't load on Titan Mobile Startup

Postby JonnyBeardLighting » 23 May 2017, 22:39

We are running Titan Mobile 10 on Windows 10 using the Titan Mobile board and Titan Mobile Wing.

Sometimes the show file will load, but more often than not, it will fail to load. Sometimes an error message is displayed "Show file failed to load".

Our Show files are stored in C:\Users\(Username)\Documents\Titan\Shows\North Lighting

I do notice that all of our [AutoSave] files have the extension d4b, while our North Lighting [Initial Version] has the extension d4z. Is there any connection to the issue there?

Any ideas on how to get that to work? We are a church and would like the console startup to be seamless. Thanks!
niclights
The eManual

Re: Show file doesn't load on Titan Mobile Startup

Postby niclights » 23 May 2017, 22:53

This sounds very much like a bug that was fixed in 10.1. I would suggest upgrading and see if that solves the problem.

Regarding .d4z and .d4b this is normal. The .d4z files contain extra information that allow the files to be loaded into newer versions of the software but take longer to save. The file used at startup is stored elsewhere.
JonnyBeardLighting

Postby JonnyBeardLighting » 23 May 2017, 23:21

Thank you,
At the initial run of 10.1 it failed to load again (exact error message says "Failed to load show on startup. Please select another show or start a new show." But on the second close and reload, it opened ok. I'll keep this thread updated on what happens. Thanks!
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 23 May 2017, 23:35

It is normal to get failed load when you first start a new version as the shutdown show from the old version won't be compatible with the new version.
JonnyBeardLighting

Postby JonnyBeardLighting » 24 May 2017, 00:06

Hey, thanks for the quick replies.

We are still getting that "failed to load" error. Just logged out and back in, and still getting the error. Any ideas on how to fix that? Thank you!
oaksld

Postby oaksld » 25 May 2017, 16:31

I also get the "failed to load error" on most start ups... 10.1 didn't change that.. I've just come to expect it.
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 25 May 2017, 17:02

If it's just on startup and gives you softkeys with options to load other shows then it sounds to me like it hasn't been able to save the shutdown show when the application is closed. Does the user account have administrator privileges?
JonnyBeardLighting

Postby JonnyBeardLighting » 25 May 2017, 18:33

For us it happens at seemingly random times. We've gone through 3 or 4 startups now without a problem, but I'm pretty confident that it will happen again.

It does give softkey options to load shows- including the default show which should load on startup. We just click it on to load it up. Our account has administrator privileges.
riscster

Postby riscster » 26 May 2017, 23:04

How are you shutting down the computer? Are you sure Titan is given time to shut down cleanly? This might happen if Titan is killed before it can finish saving.